Engage/disengage pedals on MIDI

I have 2 pedals I'd like to take out of the audio loops and manage them by using the bypass function, so I can get trails to work right.

What is the easiest way to do this - programming wise? I'm guessing every preset will need some instruction, whether they should be ON or OFF. I know that I could make a button on each pedal's button page for bypass, but it seems like it does well to engage, but not disengage.

I don't want to have to create bypass messages for each pedal in 30 presets specifically if there is any easier way.
Thanks

Yep, that's the best way I know to do it:

- Create a button for each pedal someplace that sends whatever CC messages you need to turn that pedal on / off
- Make sure both buttons have 'send on preset change' and 'update on preset change' checked
- Then in each preset you just turn those buttons on or off as you need

Can be a bit annoying on the front end to update things, but in the long run it makes it really easy to make sure your 'out of the loop' pedals are on and off when you want them to be -- no messages to send, just a button to turn on and off in each preset.

I had no difficulty doing this for the out of the loop pedals. I just added a bypass button for each one and update this for each preset. Works as intended. Thanks!!

Back