Exiting Global Preset?

Caller9

I can't seem to find a way to get back into presets mode if I press the "Global" preset button currently set to #6 on Mastermind. It locks me into Global preset and no matter what button I press nothing happens. I can get into "Loop" mode but that still does not get me to where my presets work.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Have you selected a second press option in the global menu? I have global set as second press on any preset so I can always get in and out.

It sounds like you have a local page turned on for the Global Preset and that page is empty. Go into the editor, and in the Presets tab, select the Global Preset. Turn off the Local Page checkbox. That will probably do it.

It had to do with me being in Setlist mode. I hit the "Global" button and it switched but since I was not in "none" setting it was not activating presets.

Still a bit of a learning curve as to how, what, when, and where but getting there. Lots of control and settings!

Thank you for your reply. I'll keep that in mind as I experiment more down the road.

Are you doing this on a Mastermind GT or PBC? It sounds a bit like the latter, but you posted it on the GT forum.

Are you doing this on a Mastermind GT or PBC? It sounds a bit like the latter, but you posted it on the GT forum.
Ah... I didn't notice that.. Yes it is the PBC.

It is probably by design I just didn't notice I was still in setlist mode when I tried to go to presets. It steps through the songs but the presets probably wouldn't want to be active while in Setlist as each song has it's own group of presets.

Everything seems to be operating correctly. So much control available I may never get it all down but it works great!

Ok, moved to the PBC forum. I'll check on this - you should always be able to access the global preset, I'll figure out why it's not working.

Yes I can access the global preset. That was the perceived problem. I was in songlist mode and didn't realize it as the first song in the list had my normal first preset as the starting preset for that song. For whatever reason I pressed global to check that setting and after I pressed #3. When it didn't switch to # 3 (since there was no preset for song one in that slot) I thought something was not working. Turns out it was only that I was in songlist mode and it was looking for me to press either up or down to switch songs or press a button that was assigned to a preset in the song which only had one. It's working fine. It was how I was trying to access it.
Thanks for your assistance on this.

I have the same issue. I've had a setup that I've been using for over a year now and then upgraded to the latest firmware. For some reason now, I cannot exit my global preset once I click it. This is what it looks like. I'm in a song and defaultly preset one is lit up, activated. I hit the global but now both the global and the preset one is lit. When I try to hit preset 1 again to get out of global and it won't let me. I hit preset 2, it lets me out of global and to preset 2. I hit preset 1, goes to preset 1, hit global then try to go back to preset 1 and it won't let me. I can also get out of global if I bank up to a new song, bank back down to the original song and hit preset 1. That said I used to be able to switch from 1 > global > 1 and now I can't. Any ideas?

I think I got. I did what Micah said. I changed the second press to be global. Not sure why that changed when I upgraded. Thanks Micah!

Okay so it turns out it helped me get out of global setting every time now which is better than being stuck but now if I hit any preset twice it goes into my global setting. Any ideas?

Have you tried firmware 3.1.6? I just released that on Friday and it fixes issues with the global preset.

Back