Expression pedal and Eventide H9

Chuck Hanning

So I'm still working to get my PBC set up with the mission engineering expression pedal. Right now I am connecting it to the PBC with a REDCO cable containing a TRS jack and then at the other end it separates into two TS jacks which are labeled as either tip or sleeve, which I have plugged into OUT1 and OUT2. Nothing is connected to the IN.

Did I set this up right? Do I need to use the IN and OUT1 instead with the two TS jacks? Or should I just be using a TS cable (both ends) between the PBC and OUT1? Or should I be using TRS cable (both ends) between the PBC and expression pedal?

I am not using the switch part as I intend to set up a two footswitch later using the switch jack and will be mapped for the tap tempo and also the Hotswitch function on the H9, but I have not set that up yet.

My problem is that the expression pedal doesn't seem to be working. I have done the calibration in the menu, but the screen on the PBC didn't change to know that it was successful. I have gone into the expression pedal menu to set up it to control the H9. It is using a CC17 message that goes from 0 to 127. However the H9 is not responding. Do I need to set something up using the H9 control app to respond to the incoming cc17 message?

Thanks,
Chuck

Which Mission pedal? The RJM version needs a TRS to TRS cable, not the insert cable you're describing. Insert cables are for using volume pedals as expression pedals.

Back