Expression pedal taper question

Studiogoonga

Apologies if this has already been covered, but just wanted to get some advice on which expression pedal has the best taper for the PBC. I've tried the Boss EV-30 and the Mission Aero and even after calibration they don't seem to have a very smooth taper (about a third into the swell it shoots up to about 90%). Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Apologies if this has already been covered, but just wanted to get some advice on which expression pedal has the best taper for the PBC. I've tried the Boss EV-30 and the Mission Aero and even after calibration they don't seem to have a very smooth taper (about a third into the swell it shoots up to about 90%). Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Expression pedals need to be "calibrated" when first connected to the PBC. Hold down buttons 1 & 3, that'll take you to setup, and navigate your way to expression pedal>calibrate. (I don't remember exactly what the menu hierarchy is, but it's something close to that).

It'll tell you to move the pedal toe to heel or something like that, and it "learns" your pedal. Then you should be good to go.

As far as WHAT pedal to use, I'm sure all are good, but I use the Mission SP1-RJM (which is the standard Mission Engineering pedal but specifically designed for use with RJM stuff (I think Ron had a hand in it). It has an LED on it that can be controlled via the PBC. So, I can make it do certain things for example....on any preset where I have the exp pedal doing something, I have that LED come on to indicate that. On some presets I have, the exp pedal does nothing, and sometimes it's hard to remember which ones it is active and which ones it is not. So that LED being programmable is a lifesaver. Just my opinion....

You're using pedals with the wrong polarity - you can fix this with a specially made TRS cable. The Aero might even have a polarity switch inside (not sure). More information can be found here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Expression_Pedal_Compatibility

Back