Ext Switch to load specific page

subsynth

I use my primary page button to alternate between presets and loops. I always want to have one click between those two.
I did this by setting the min and max to 1 and 2 respectively.

But I have a page for some delay options. I would like to be able to toggle between a different page and back to page 1 within a preset. Currently I have it set to
Mode: Hold Type: IA
The IA Action is system/page page:4
The hold action is system/page page:1

All IA settings checkboxes are NOT checked.

So in a preset if I hit the external switch button it brings up page 4, then if I hold it brings back Page 1. But if I want to get back into Page 4, I have to hit the button twice before it loads page 4 again.

How can I set up an external switch, either with secondary hold functions or some other method to switch between page 4 and page 1 without having to click something twice?

Turn on Momentary on the switches that switch button pages, that’ll fix it.
Thanks, that did the trick.
I think I'm finally starting to wrap my head around the button options / states and how to get them to work for my needs and specific use cases.

Further to this, I have a dual extension switch that I was using to page up/down through pages. That was easy.
Now that I have had a bit more time with the PBC (10) and how I'm using it, I really only (currently) want access to three pages apart from the main presets page. Loops, which I always have programmed in the "normal" top left footswitch on the PBC, a "Scroll" page that has up/down switches to scroll presets, and an IA page for my H9.
Is there a way that I can program the Ext Switches to be able to go to a page I choose with one tap, and then back to my main page with a second tap? I have the above method working (using Hold to get back "home"), but I really want to be able to just tap, not hold.

Further to this, I have a dual extension switch that I was using to page up/down through pages. That was easy.
Now that I have had a bit more time with the PBC (10) and how I'm using it, I really only (currently) want access to three pages apart from the main presets page. Loops, which I always have programmed in the "normal" top left footswitch on the PBC, a "Scroll" page that has up/down switches to scroll presets, and an IA page for my H9.
Is there a way that I can program the Ext Switches to be able to go to a page I choose with one tap, and then back to my main page with a second tap? I have the above method working (using Hold to get back "home"), but I really want to be able to just tap, not hold.
One idea is you could set up an IA cycle button on the external switch. You’d have to step through the cycle (up to 4 states), but it would avoid having to use the hold function. For example, if you’re on a page represented by Step 1 in the cycle and want to go to a page represented by Step 3 in the cycle, you’d have to click the button twice.

You could even use IA Cycle plus a hold function to add a 5th state, maybe using the hold as a lesser-used function. Ultimately though, you’ll have to use IA cycles and/or hold functions to do more than just toggling two states unless you have enough available switches to represent each of the states you need access to.

Or if you don’t want to go the IA cycle route, and you’re happy to use both external switches just for jumping to selected pages, I think this would work…

Set the switches to latching (ie, not momentary), and have the ‘on’ action be go to your chosen page, and the ‘off’ action be go back to your home page. Not in front of my pbc now, so I can’t test if that would work, but I think it should

Or if you don’t want to go the IA cycle route, and you’re happy to use both external switches just for jumping to selected pages, I think this would work…

Set the switches to latching (ie, not momentary), and have the ‘on’ action be go to your chosen page, and the ‘off’ action be go back to your home page. Not in front of my pbc now, so I can’t test if that would work, but I think it should

The problem with this is that the Page action doesn't have an Off value. But, you can work around it.

Create a macro that has one action: System / Page page:1. Replace "1" with whatever page number you want to return to. Or, set it to Prev, which returns to the last page you were on. Check the "Force State To" checkbox, and set the parameter to "On". This forces this action to always act like a button is being turned on, even when called from a button that's turning off.

Now, on your external switch, keep the System / Page action that's already there. Add this action: System / Macro off:0 on:None. (assuming you edited macro #0 in the previous steps. Change the number if necessary.)

That should do it.

Back