External footswitch tap tempo issues

billyofcourse

I have an external footswitch hooked up to my mastermind pbc for tap tempo to send midi tempo to my pedals. I was using a boss dd500 and everything was working correctly but I switched over to a strymon timeline and now I can't seem to get my tap tempo function working properly.

Can someone run my through the procedure for setting up my external footswitch to send tap tempo to my strymon via the pbc so I can make sure I'm doing everything right?

Assuming you're using CCs for tap tempo, then it should be a matter of editing the external switch's settings - on the Buttons page, right click on Ext Switch 1, then select Assign CC / Timeline / Tap Tempo. That should do it!

Assuming you're using CCs for tap tempo, then it should be a matter of editing the external switch's settings - on the Buttons page, right click on Ext Switch 1, then select Assign CC / Timeline / Tap Tempo. That should do it!
I've done that and it still doesn't seem to be working properly. I've actually got the function switch on my presets page set up to be tap tempo and it is working properly, I set up the external switch so i could still have tap tempo access when in loop mode but it doesn't seem to be working which is why I can't figure out what the problem seems to be.

Is it doing anything at all, or coming up with the wrong tempo? What kind of external switch are you using? If you'd like, I can take a look at your settings and see if I can find the problem...

Back