External MIDI Control of PBC10: Program Changes from external device to change PBC10 Presets

ZappaFrank

I have read those things above about Program Changes, but I don't understand it completely. Let's say I have a very simple MIDI Device which is only able to send MIDI Program Changes from 0 to 127 without any other options to define MSB or LSB. The MIDI Mouse comes to my Mind as an example for such a device.
So when the MIDI Mouse sends Program Change 1 from its MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN of the PBC10 will the PBC then go to Preset 1 or Preset 2 or is the whole thing more complex and it doesn't work like this?

In normal bank and preset mode (no setlist active), the bank MSB, LSB and program numbers are combined to create the desired preset number. The formula is:

(Bank MSB x 16384) + (Bank LSB x 128) + PC number = preset number
There are only 768 presets within the Mastermind GT, so only bank numbers 0 through 5 are valid. The Bank MSB should always be set to 0 (or not sent at all), and Bank LSB should be 0 through 5.

You'll be able to access the first 128 presets on the PBC/10 using a basic controller like that. The only thing you need to do (aside from connecting the two) is to set MIDI Receive Channel on the PBC to be the same as the channel that the controller is sending on.

Back