external Tap temp button?

schrismer

Does anyone use an external tap temp button on the MMGT? is it possible, if so, what kind? how...lol...certain times this morning in our Worship service... people could hear me "tapping" on the MMGT as it is now.

also.... has anyone else had the "Axe Effect standard" lose the tempo? it seems to engage the temp on a preset... but if I change a present, with the same delay, just different amp channel... it (the axe) loses the tempo? the MMGT still is flashing the right temp but not the AXE. thoughts?

thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

The external switch jacks are made with that purpose in mind). All you need is a momentary switch like a keyboard sustain pedal. Plug that into an external switch jack, and you can configure it through the editor, or with the onboard editing by selecting Edit Buttons, and pressing the external switch you have connected.

Don't know about the Axe-Fx issue, though...

sweet... thanks!! that will work..... as for Axe.... I'm dialing in on the problem... it is only when I change "presets" in the Axe effect unit....
as you know... I'm using the Axe unit as a "effect processor" only.... so I only use 2 presets on the Axe unit... one for the clean tones (no Gates)
and one for dirtier stuff (w/gates)....
so, If I tap in a temp with the clean preset..and then with the song builds up and I go into a heavier tone and change the preset on the Axe... the Axe loses the tempo... but the MMGT keeps it (flashing temp button)....

Steve,

I use a PS-100 sustain pedal for this because I like the feel and they're cheap. Also if you want tempo to be the same when changing preset I think you want you're tempo setting to be global, not by preset. This way the tempo will stay when you switch. The downside is you'll have to set it for each song. For example if you tap the tempo to say 110 bpm then change to a preset that was saved at 105 your bpm will become 105. If its global and you tap your tempo to 110 it will stay 110.

Steve

Back