FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to program a button that does specific device preset Number Menu Pages?

I know you can do specific device Preset Up and Preset Down commands, but is it possible to, let's say make a page with buttons like "Axe-Fx Preset Number Menu" and "Triaxis Preset Number Menu" where I could then hit that button and be taken to a menu with numbers 0-9, Enter, and Cancel where I could manually type whatever preset number and Enter, and then specified device automatically goes to that preset number?

Not yet, but it's a good idea!

Hmmm, Preset Up and Preset Down button types are in the list of buttons that repeat. Are you using them, or IA buttons with preset actions?
Ai buttons with preset actions are working as repeatable and hold, lovin it! Its the preset menu buttons. You know, the entire gt fills with green labels to choose, and the upper rh corner has 2 purple buttons.. next and prev. I wish the next and prev buttons would repeat. Also being able to 'wrap around' from last to first and vice versa, on pedal hold, would be great. Long way to go back around when you miss your preset and it happens to be on the last page.

Ai buttons with preset actions are working as repeatable and hold, lovin it! Its the preset menu buttons. You know, the entire gt fills with green labels to choose, and the upper rh corner has 2 purple buttons.. next and prev. I wish the next and prev buttons would repeat. Also being able to 'wrap around' from last to first and vice versa, on pedal hold, would be great. Long way to go back around when you miss your preset and it happens to be on the last page.

Fixed in 3.4.4 - prev and next will repeat in preset/song selection menus. The repeat will stop at the first or last page of presets, but you can release and press the button again to wrap around.

omeone mentioned this and i got a grin when i read it. I can't find it, so I'll type what i recall/agreed with.

Perhaps a way to show the expression pedal value on a screen as a char title and a line graph? Perhaps a way to toggle if the exp pedal is sent as exact value or as a pass thru (or catchup) of its previously stored value per preset? I havent fooled with my pedal and presets much, but it would be freaking amazing if i had a way to see the actual value my pedal is sending.
Perhaps something like this:
Display.JPG

This would be cool if the display worked this way for the presets as well. Much cleaner :)

Perhaps something like this:
Display.JPG

This would be cool if the display worked this way for the presets as well. Much cleaner :)

That's a good idea. Would small horizontal bar graphs be better than numbers?

I'm not sure what you mean about "if the display worked this way for the presets as well" - can you elaborate?

Thank you....again :)
It's because I saw somewhere that for songs it was displayed somewhat different that for presets. I could be mistaken of course.
It's just that I'm very autistic and I like things tidy and organized and such ;-)
Someone else suggested bars. that could work as well and be easier on the eyes than a bunch of numbers rapidly changing

Ideal would be a number with a small bar underneath.

For the Title, perhaps enough characters for two lines and no splitting of words

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anything like this is possible or not, but I think in the editor it would be incredibly useful to have something like a library where we can save buttons we build, and name them something of our choosing for organization.

Let's say I have 6 or 8 really complex buttons that I have built that do all kinds of stuff, scene changes on an Axe-Fx, preset recalling for 3 different Effect Gizmos (wouldn't it be nice if money wasn't an object), multiple preamp changes, hold functionality, etc... but what if I want to set those buttons aside for now while I try a whole new board layout or something? It's a pain to rebuild all that functionality.

You could use another MMGT editor save file as a button library, but you can't actively copy and paste between two instances of MMGT Editor so it wouldn't really work.

Or, maybe something could be designed where you just create a folder in Windows called "Button Library" and link it to the MMGT editor, where you could could save individual buttons as files. And when you wanted to recall those buttons, you could just right click a button in the editor and select "Library>Load>Button" to load that button?

To save buttons, you could right click them and select "Library>Save" and then name them whatever you want. Then they would be saved to your button library folder like this:
Does Everything 1.btn
Does Everything 2.btn
Does Everything 3.btn
...and so on.

Last edited:
I'm all up for that.
I suggested it also somewhere.
It would even be better if they could be linked in the database.
If you change the one stored in the editor (or database) all the others would change too.
Today I changed something on a button I used in over 60 presets and I had to change them all one by one.
And an option to export/import buttons would be nice.

vertical bar graph with simple # above or below? Perhaps assign it to a label above buttons, to keep main screen uncluttered? Something selectable in the ai menu perhaps? A button that could resend the original pedal value (like on preset load) but also includes the visual data?

"cc link" to apply for macros to update button visual states.

Ability to control button visual state remotely w/o the button resending commands. This would enable a daw to automate everything, yet let the mmgt indicate what was happening; while allowing manual override if needed, w/o looping issues.

Last edited:
Is it possible to program a button that does specific device preset Number Menu Pages?

I know you can do specific device Preset Up and Preset Down commands, but is it possible to, let's say make a page with buttons like "Axe-Fx Preset Number Menu" and "Triaxis Preset Number Menu" where I could then hit that button and be taken to a menu with numbers 0-9, Enter, and Cancel where I could manually type whatever preset number and Enter, and then specified device automatically goes to that preset number?

I did something like this, but it's less "number entry" and more "preset entry." Let me explain.

The devices I change presets on most often are my Timeline and BigSky. I created a page for each of them (which I can access by holding their bypass switch down) that shows a "panic" button (return to page 1), a device pc+ and device pc- button, and a grouped set of buttons (the timeline's settings actually go to two pages) that are labeled nicely that each send a PC to the device. This way, I can look down and read the patch name and its type, tap it, and don't have to remember a bunch of numbers. It's a little tedious to set up, and if you have a hundred different presets on your AxeFX, for instance, it probably won't work, but if you have 20 or less, it's nice to be able to see each one. I also set it up to not send a PC to those devices on preset change, and just select the button on each preset (which then sends that PC to the device). You'll also need to set your group to not send off messages.

I'll throw my hat in the indicators. I like the small text w/ values underneath moreso than a graph, as it would be nice to set what these values are (an expression value, an active PC # for a device, tempo, etc.). It'd be cool to have some interaction with devices like the Mini Effect Gizmo to display which slots are active too, though I'd get how that get to be pretty complex.

I've mentioned it in passing - I'd be completely open to displaying smaller text and more characters rather than huge text that gets cut off (i have to shorten most of my song names to make it completely readable). In song mode, one of these indicators could display the key, which would also be really, really useful.

Either way, it should be something you could turn on or off. Some people will want a clean, basic display, bigger text, etc. Some will want more information.

I'm very new to my LT so I may be missing a few things but there are three features that I would find handy.

I must say I've used quite a few midi controllers and the rjm stuff is blowing my mind, the editor is outstanding and the features amazing!

I play guitar and control synths with a Keith Macmillan 12 Step and moog Taurus, because of this I don't use and expression pedal and like to automate things on preset changes...

These features come in very handy when working with synths, I often manipulate things like cutoff and vibrato with the first two requests.

1) wav function ala boss es units. This is a sweeping cc message from low value to high value linked to master bpm. Timing subdivision would be nice.

2) a sweeping cc message, goes from low to high (and every value in between) at a selectable speed. This emulates expression pedal sweeps with a button press.

3) midi clock start stop.

This is essential for arpeggiators and drum machines.

It would be nice to be able to completely stop midi clock, I have been able to add start and stop message to sysex, however, with the clock still running any additional notes after the stop command will play with clock.

What I'm looking for is a button press that sets clock on the current preset to 0 and sends a stop message (FC) then on second press reverts the clock to the stored preset value and sends a start message (FA)

Hi,
I am maybe a bit early... I still have to order my MMGT10... Will do so in a few weeks / days!
I do have a wish: What I realy enjoy in my Gordius little giant is the setlist display mode. It displays four songs of your setlist and you can scroll through. Because of a short delay, the song isn't selected until you stop scolling. This has eleminated the paper setlists for me!
Would this be possible?

Thanks, I realy look forward to start working with the Mastermind!

Hi,
I am maybe a bit early... I still have to order my MMGT10... Will do so in a few weeks / days!
I do have a wish: What I realy enjoy in my Gordius little giant is the setlist display mode. It displays four songs of your setlist and you can scroll through. Because of a short delay, the song isn't selected until you stop scolling. This has eleminated the paper setlists for me!
Would this be possible?

Thanks, I realy look forward to start working with the Mastermind!

We do have a Song Menu button type - pressing it converts all of the buttons into a song selection menu, where you can scroll through the songs and select one. There are also menus available for preset and button page selection.

We do have a Song Menu button type - pressing it converts all of the buttons into a song selection menu, where you can scroll through the songs and select one. There are also menus available for preset and button page selection.

Yes, I read. This will do but requiers two or more actions as you first have to select the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back