Firmware 1.2 beta

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to take a different approach to the 1.2 beta. Instead of waiting until it's all done, this will be more of a phased release, with a few different releases fixing bugs and adding additional features. I'll keep updating this message as new releases come out.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes! A lot of the devices I've added support for were done with only the device manual - I didn't actually have the device here to test, so I could use some help in testing them!

1.2 beta 1 - use editor version 0.6 for this release
  • Added basic Kemper KPA support (untested!)
  • Added support for Strymon Timeline and Mobius (untested!)
  • Added support for Line 6 M9 and M13 (untested!)
  • Improved support for Eventide pedals - there are now predefined CCs. You need to using the CC learn process on the pedal to get this to work. Will be described in another post. (Timefactor is tested, other pedals are not!)
  • Added Axe-Fx scene support. The default button page has a row of 6 scenes along the bottom row, under the preset buttons.
  • Added CCs for Tone Match and new looper controls on Axe-Fx II
  • Added ability to set a "none" value for CC on and CC off
  • Added a new buttons setting: "Only send On messages on preset change" (need a better name!) This was needed for POD HD support.
  • Fixed bug where you would end up in Load Settings after a Factory Reset

UPDATE 6/8/2013
1.2 beta 2 - use editor version 0.7 for this release
This one focused mostly on visual improvements.
This will be the first time we've upgraded the firmware for the smaller displays. Do not be alarmed when you see "updating" messages and bar graphs on the small displays.
  • Bold fonts option - this turned out looking a lot nicer than I thought!
  • We now support most (but not all) European accented characters (we're using the Latin-1 character set, if you are into that kind of thing) You can view the characters on the GT itself, but can only type in accented characters in the editor.
  • You can now control the brightness of the button displays
  • There are now 15 colors available for each button - the original 7 colors, black (off), and dim versions of the first 7 colors.
  • Instant bank switching - you can enable a mode where pressing a bank button switches to the next bank and does not wait for you to select a preset. So if you're in bank 1, preset 3, pressing bank up will activate bank 2, preset 3.
  • Made it possible for an IA button to send more than one PC to the same device. The "Send Redundant PCs" setting must be turned on for the device. This is specifically for the Whammy DT.
  • Fixed incoming bank and PC handling to work correctly in song & setlist mode (bank selects song, PC selects a preset within the song)
  • Fixed error that prevented display settings from taking effect when new settings were loaded

UPDATE 6/18/2013
1.2 beta 3 - use editor version 0.8 for this release
Let's call this one the "big touring band" update. :)
  • Implemented remote mode, where you can connect more than one GT together and have them work in unison
  • Fixed instant bank switching in song/setlist mode
  • Fixed incoming MIDI bank and preset handling in song/setlist
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented IA buttons for the first preset from coming up in the right state

UPDATE 6/22/2013
1.2 beta 4 - use editor version 0.8.1 for this release
This is the last beta release unless a fairly serious bug is found.
  • Auto-repeat on bank buttons (no more button mashing to get to a high numbered bank!)
  • MIDI merge - when active, any message received on the Remote In or USB port will get sent out the MIDI output
  • In song/set mode, inactive preset buttons will be displayed in the "disabled" button color, black by default. (preset buttons can become inactive because those buttons have no song assigned to them)
  • Page Preview mode - when using bank up/down buttons to browse banks, the button page will be changed to be the button page assigned to the first preset in the currently displayed bank. This can be useful if you use a different page layout for each bank (another request from a big band)
  • Moved MIDI settings to their own menu

UPDATE 6/29/2013
1.2 beta 8 - use editor version 0.8.1 for this release
Don't ask what happened to betas 5, 6 and 7!
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the GT to stop sending MIDI data in certain cases
  • Fixed flickering that could happen if you turn down the button display brightness
  • Added a Bank=Song parameter to the MIDI settings menu. This allows for two different modes of handling MIDI banks in song/setlist mode:
    • If Bank=Song is off, sending a bank & preset will find the first song that has that preset number, and load that song and preset. So, if you send bank 1, preset 14, it will look for the first song that contains preset 142 (which is 1x128 + 14), load that song and select preset 142 within the song.
    • If Bank=Song is on, the bank number selects a song and the preset selects the preset within the song. So, if you send bank 5, preset 3, it will load up song number 6, and load the 4th preset within the song (the numbers are one higher than the bank and preset number. This is because MIDI banks and PCs start with 0 as the first number).

Attachments

• MMGT12b8.rjf
    588 KB · Views: 155
Good Morning Ron.... with the HD pro update.... the added IA Button "OnMsgOnly" does it need to be "off" or "on"?

Even though I answered this by email, I'll put it here for posterity:

OnMsgOnly needs to be on for the POD HD 500 and Pro, and should be turned off for pretty much any other MIDI device.

Scene support is working great so far! Since the Axe defaults to Scene 1 on preset changes, can we have the same behavior on the GT?

Ron - loving all the firmware updates. Only problem is I'm beginning to lose track of the new features & details ...! :oops:

Are you planning to issue an updated manual at some stage ...?

Cheers.

Yes, when 1.2 is done the manual will be updated as well. There's gong to be a lot more added to 1.2!

Now we're at 1.2 beta 3. One more update after this (I hope). I'm thinking this will probably end up being called version 2, not 1.2, because of how much stuff is in here!

Thanks Ron.

There's this thread, another higher thread about firmware 1.1.5, and the downloadable files section of the MMGT product page offers a link to firmware 1.1!

How 'bout one sticky message at the top of the MMGT forum with the title "Latest Firmware", locked, always containing a link to whatever is the latest with a few bullets describing what it adds/fixes? Or some other ONE place for you and users to go to reliably put/get the latest?

Because this is a beta, I didn't want to advertise it over 1.1.5, which is the latest stable release. Once 1.2 is done (very soon!) 1.1.5 will go away. You're right, though. I'm quite remiss in updating the website.

1.2 beta 4 is up. This is it unless someone finds a bug, so test, please!!! Remaining features will get pushed to 2.0, which isn't that far away. I'll get a post up soon explaining the rationale and the schedule.

Love the deactivated preset buttons when not in use. Was just thinking today how nice that would be. You reading minds now? :lol:

Of course, there had to be some more bugs that needed fixing. 1.2beta8 is now up! Here's hoping that this is the final version of 1.2!

Back