FIRMWARE VERSION 1.3.5

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware version 1.3 is now available! Changes for this version are:

• A complete overhaul of the setup menus. The main reason was to support the upcoming Mastermind GT/10. It also makes the menus more consistent, with a Done and Next Page button in the same location in every menu.
  • Kemper KPA bidirectional support. You need to use two MIDI cables from Kemper to GT (input to output and output to input) to get this to work. When connected this way, you will have remote tuner display, better tap tempo support and the ability to download preset names. Also, the Stomp buttons (A, B, C, D and X) will update their names to indicate the type of effect that the button is controlling at the moment.
  • Added preliminary (read: untested!) support for Eventide H9 and Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro Plus
  • Fixed support for Strymon Timeline and Mobius.
  • Added new button types: Page Down, Preset -, Preset + and Label (a label is a button that doesn't do anything - just displays text)
  • Added the ability to send two CCs from each expression pedal
  • Added the ability to have the expression pedal's minimum value be less than the maximum value. This allows you to run the pedal in reverse, or cross-fade two CCs by setting one with normal values and the other with reversed values
  • Added a Stop button to the Get Preset Names screen, so you don't have to load all 384 presets' names each time
  • Fixed weird button behavior after a factory reset
  • Fixed a bug that would occur if you had more than 16 preset buttons on a page in Song/Set mode
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent momentary buttons from working correctly in IA mode

UPDATE 9/23/2013:
Version 1.3.1 fixes a bug that would prevent you from adding more than two button actions to a button in setup mode.

UPDATE 10/3/2013:
Version 1.3.2 fixes a bug that prevented expression pedal grouping from working correctly.

UPDATE 10/21/2013
Version 1.3.4 fixes a bug that prevented external switches from working in the "Edit Buttons" screen
It also adds a new parameter "Auto Page", that enables or disables the automatic button page switch that happens when you select a new preset

UPDATE 10/24/2013
Version 1.3.5 fixes a bug in button grouping

Here are the download links:

Firmware V1.3.5
Manual V1.3
Editor V1.3.1: Mac OS X / Windows

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION 1.3

Hi, Ron

I don't know how to update MMGT because I just got it last month. Can you tell me how to do? I use iMac.

I cannot down load Firmware V1.3.
I can down load Editor V1.3 but cannot open file.

Thank you.

To update your firmware:

Download and unzip the above file. Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive. Eject the drive from your computer. Insert the drive into your Mastermind GT, and power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen. Keep holding until you see "MMGT Bootloader" appear on the screen. The update should take a minute or so.

when i click on the link for the firmware on my macbook pro it opens the file, it doesnt download the file. ive tried saving it to the desktop with the dropdown menu but it saves it not as a .rjm file....

thanks, i love the mastermind gt!!!

Ok, I just sent you a copy of the file by email. Please let me know if it works!

kurtr2 said:
when i click on the link for the firmware on my macbook pro it opens the file, it doesnt download the file. ive tried saving it to the desktop with the dropdown menu but it saves it not as a .rjm file....

thanks, i love the mastermind gt!!!

Hey man, I have a MacBook Pro also, hold down the Alt key and then Click on the link. Drag it from your downloads section onto your desktop. Two finger Click then go to Get info and delete the .txt from the name save it and say yes to renaming it .rjf.

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION 1.3.1

Hi Ron,
I'm having the same problem as kurtr2. Can you email the file to me?
Thanks.

Problem solved. Don't use Safari. Switch to Firefox.

Why does the new version of the editor have to be opened from the dmg every time?

You shouldn't have to open it from the dmg - I just drag the app to the Applications folder and run it from there.

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION 1.3.2

1.3.2 is now available. This release fixes a bug in expression pedal grouping.

Re: FIRMWARE VERSION 1.3.4

1.3.4 is now available. It adds the ability to disable the automatic button page change that happens when you switch presets. There's a new "Auto Page" parameter in the top setup menu that allows you to choose whether this feature is on or off. Also, this version fixes the inability to select external switches in the Button Edit menu.

It should be in the first setup screen, one over from the bottom right corner. It's not in the editor right now, it's only available when editing on the GT itself.

main version 1.3 / build 597

is this right? i just updated it again with MMGT134.rjf, at the bottom right corner of the setup menu i have page preview and to the left of that instant bank.....

I wasn't planning on having another update so quickly, but I found a nasty bug in the way button grouping works. 1.3.5 is available for your enjoyment. This time I posted as a ZIP file so browsers like Safari should download it properly. You'll need to unzip the file before copying it to the flash drive.

Basically, grouped buttons would not always send the correct messages in certain cases.

Back