FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Mastermind GT firmware version 1.4 is now available!

FEATURES
MIDI Clock support, both master and slave
Tempo BPM display on tap tempo buttons
When tempo changes, it will be shown on the main display for 2 seconds
Each preset can now have a tempo assigned to it, and - when set to clock master - the GT will start sending the new tempo when the preset is selected
PC actions can now have a "button on" PC and "button off" PC
"Preset 2nd press" setting allows you to choose a special action that happens when you press the currently selected preset button a second time. "Preset" is the default and the old behavior - it just selects the same preset again. "Previous" makes the GT jump to the previously selected preset. "Global" selects the Global preset, which is an additional preset designed to be your "go-to" preset that you can access regardless of what preset you're currently on.
There are new button types: "Page Menu", "Preset Menu" and "Song Menu". These buttons turn all of the GT's buttons into a Page, Preset or Song selection menu so you can jump from one page/preset/song to another quickly
Changed the Axe-Fx and KPA device settings to have additional "slave" settings. These change how the GT interacts with the effect processors, making the GT in charge of the effect on/off settings instead of the effect processor. I'll have to make a video to describe this feature - it's a useful feature, but hard to describe!
Changed the "Get Preset Names" feature to have a menu. This allows you to select a range of presets from the device, and select where those presets are copied to on the GT.
Added support for Strymon Big Sky and Line 6 M5.

Bug fixes:
Fixed an issue where the main display could have incorrect pixels here and there
Made the Axe-Fx device not allow incoming program changes by default - they were often more trouble than they're worth.
Assigning a default page of buttons now cleans up any "leftover" buttons that might be on the page that could cause conflicts.
Fixed expression pedal assignments for the Kemper Profiling Amp
Fixed the display of "None" value for CCs - sometimes it would come out as 255 instead.

Editor changes:
Lots of changes to support the GT firmware update
Added "copy page" and "swap page" options in the button page's context menu
Lots of bug fixes

It's really important that you back up your settings before upgrading!!! This update will modify your settings, so having a backup is insurance against something going wrong.

Firmware:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT140.rjf.zip

Manual:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/manuals/Masterm ... al-1.4.pdf

Editor:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.4.0.dmg (Mac)
http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-1.4.0.zip (PC)

That works, thanks.

Knowing that resting on your laurels can be prickly, I'm sure you're casting about for ideas for the next release.

1. There has been discussion here about being able to define the "Hold Down" behavior of a button. Am I missing the feature, or is it not yet implemented? It becomes acute when redefining the Page/Store button as a Page Menu or Preset Menu (very cool, thanks!) button since the previous Hold Down behavior of that button (Store) seems to disappear. Is there some other way to quickly Store a setup on the MMGT when that button has been redefined?

2. I've found myself more than once wishing for an Escape function in a button (maybe as one of the definable Hold Down behaviors per above). Just found another example: Page/Store is redefined as a Preset Menu button, I've used it and I'm five pages deep into the Axe presets and can't find the preset I want. So I just want to get out of there fast and leave things as they were. However my only option is to page through presets until I find the one I'm currently using and select it... the only way to get out is to select a preset. If I could hold down the Prev button and have it take me back to where I was before I selected Page Menu, or alternatively always have one button in a menu dedicated to escaping from it, then I'd be speechless with delight. For a short while!

Thanks again.

In the 1.4 version of the editor, the Open Recent list under the File menu is still not being maintained properly. Just now it listed as most recent the fourth-last file saved with the editor. I manually opened the most recent file, saved it, exited and restarted the app, and the most recent file then did appear but not the other three files edited more recently than those shown.

If it's relevant, all files are named in the format MyName_GT_Settings_YYYYMMDD.rjs

They are all stored in the same directory, and there are currently sixteen of them stored.

The button hold support is scheduled for version 2.0 (the next major release). I'll look into the recent files thing and see if I can figure it out...

Hi Ron,

I'm programming my mastermind in anticipation of my mini FX Gizmo that should be arriving tomorrow. I have finally come up with pedal board / rack 2.0 (or in my case 50.0) that I think will finally solve the rack vs. pedal board debate forever (pictures will be posted).

In any case, I was playing with the song menu button in the editor. When I select it, I get a list of songs, however when I select a song, i'm taken back to preset mode page 1. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Alex

I sent this via email as well, but I'll repeat it here. You probably need to enable song mode by setting Setlist to "All Songs" or one of the setlists (if you're using one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back