First question.... Reverse menus.

dpeterson

Hello,

First post here, short introduction. Yesterday I acquired a GT16 coming from an LiquidFoot 12+, and many others before that (LFPro, LFJR, AxessFX1, etc), not a newb by any means. Primarily using with an AxeFX II.

I prefer to have the presets start at the bottom and I've tried the Reverse Menus on and off and neither will start the presets at the lower left button. So far the controller is awesome, just need to iron out a few quirks, and build a new board :)

Newest firmware, editor, and wiped it clean.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Not sure I understand but I have 4 global preset buttons starting bottom left. In the editor go to buttons tab. Double click on the buttons you wish to be preset buttons. Set them to preset under button type. Set them to global. Set offset accordingly for your axe fx. You should get preset buttons on each of your 16 pages.

I have the whole page presets besides bank up and down, ia mode and page. When you add more than the bottom row the numbers shift and the lowest number is at the top. The idea is to have a board of presets. Pick a preset then it switches to ia's. Instead of scrolling through presets I can see more at once. It seems like the reverse menus function is there for this but on or off nothing happens.

Reverse Menus only works for menus - Page Menu, Preset Menu, Setlist Menu, which are activated by button types of those names.

If you're going to use preset and bank buttons, you would use the Preset Index setting to change the order the preset buttons are assigned. You can read more about Preset Index here:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Preset_Button_Index

If you aren't using bank buttons at all, there's another option as well. Set your buttons to IA type, turn the "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" checkboxes off, and "Momentary" on. Then, add this action to the button:
System / Preset <your preset number>

That will make the button a fixed preset button (it always accesses the same preset and isn't affected by the bank buttons).

You can also have the button switch to a different button page full of IAs as mentioned in your message - each preset has a "Show Page" setting. Set that to button page 2 (assuming that's your IA button page). Then, when the preset is loaded, it will automatically jump to page 2.

Thanks for replying guys.

On the preset page I have the bank up and down, the ia mode and page buttons, all the rest are presets. On my LF I had it where i'd pick the preset and then go to a page, on the GT16 with the IA mode I wouldn't need to setup a page, just kick it into IA mode. Can it auto switch to the IA mode in a preset upon preset recall? I see you can do the page change as you mention.

Another little glitchy thing. In the editor, when editing pages, sometimes it doesn't sync up (what's on the board is not in the editor) and I have it all synced up, so it should match.

Thanks again, very nice controller, impressed.

Thanks for replying guys.

On the preset page I have the bank up and down, the ia mode and page buttons, all the rest are presets. On my LF I had it where i'd pick the preset and then go to a page, on the GT16 with the IA mode I wouldn't need to setup a page, just kick it into IA mode. Can it auto switch to the IA mode in a preset upon preset recall? I see you can do the page change as you mention.

Another little glitchy thing. In the editor, when editing pages, sometimes it doesn't sync up (what's on the board is not in the editor) and I have it all synced up, so it should match.

Thanks again, very nice controller, impressed.

My thought is that if you want one page to select presets and then switch instantly to IAs, the easiest way to do it is to assign one button to Preset menu. This will automatically make all the buttons into preset selections buttons, then when you select a preset it will automatically go to your default Page, which you can set all your IA's on. Perhaps you've already tried the Preset Menu and it doesn't work for you, but if you haven't; you might want to check it out.

The other way is to set Page 1 as your IA page and enable Auto Page Select on the global menu. Now setup a different page as your Presets page. When you select a preset, it will automatically go to Page 1 where your IAs are. Then you could set a button on that page to go to whatever your preset selection page is. I don't like this method myself. My main page is page 1, but I also have a dedicated Looper page that also contains preset selection buttons (I stack my preset selection buttons so I can select 10 presets with 5 buttons). If I have Auto Page Select enabled, then if I select a preset when I am on my Looper page, it goes back to Page 1, which is annoying for me. Your workflow might be different so that might not be an issue for you :D

As far as syncing up, the editor doesn't sync up to the pedal. It's not supposed to. Look at the transfer menu in the editor. You can pull a config from the pedal, transfer a complete config to the pedal, or transfer just changes in the config. Generally, I pull the config from the pedal, change something, then transfer the changes. Before I close the editor, I save the new config (usually overwriting a previous one). But it doesn't sync in realtime.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Ok, i haven't tried the preset menu button. Setting the index on each preset button worked exactly as Ron said it would, so now my presets go low to high.

I understand it's not real time, just when I sent the settings i had programmed in the editor to the foot controller, they didn't appear on that second page for some reason. Might have just been my bad.

Figured out how to setup hold function, only other thing would be now once i select the preset how to get it to go into the IA mode, or how to get a page to be i'as instead of having to toggle the ia mode... missing something simple i bet.

Ok, i haven't tried the preset menu button. Setting the index on each preset button worked exactly as Ron said it would, so now my presets go low to high.

I understand it's not real time, just when I sent the settings i had programmed in the editor to the foot controller, they didn't appear on that second page for some reason. Might have just been my bad.

Figured out how to setup hold function, only other thing would be now once i select the preset how to get it to go into the IA mode, or how to get a page to be i'as instead of having to toggle the ia mode... missing something simple i bet.

If you want a page to only be IAs, then only program IA functions for the buttons. IA mode only applies when the buttons have non-IA (preset or system) functions assigned. So, if your current page is Page 1, copy that to Page 2 (right click on the window on the Button tab of the editor and you will have an option to copy the page). Then on Page 1, only program IAs except for one button that will go to Page 2 (on Page 2, that same button should be programmed to go to Page 1). Then enable Auto Page Select. Now when you select a preset on Page 2, you will go to Page 1, which will only have IA's. When you want to select another preset, hit the button to go to Page 2 and select a preset.
-
Austin

Ok thanks for your help man.. I tried this.

1. copy page 1 to page 2 like you said.
2. go to page 1 and then on the first button, change it to an IA and assign it (in this case scene 1).

now when i toggle pages in the editor, 1 to 2, that first button is the same on both pages, both are now an IA scene 1 button. It's like all the pages have the same thing on them. even up to page 16 all are exactly the same in the editor.

Ok thanks for your help man.. I tried this.

1. copy page 1 to page 2 like you said.
2. go to page 1 and then on the first button, change it to an IA and assign it (in this case scene 1).

now when i toggle pages in the editor, 1 to 2, that first button is the same on both pages, both are now an IA scene 1 button. It's like all the pages have the same thing on them. even up to page 16 all are exactly the same in the editor.

It sounds like you have the buttons set to global. You need to uncheck that option so the buttons can be different in each page.
-
Austin

Austin,

That was it, I had to go to each button and un check global (would be nice to have a button to do that in the editor).

So now i have it page 1 are my presets, with one button with bank up and down. Once i click a preset it goes to page 2 which has all the IA's and a page up and presets button. Only issue i have now is that i have to go to every preset and tell it that i want it to go to page 2. This is pretty time consuming.. wonder if you know of a faster way?

thanks again for all the help, i owe you a beer :)

Dave

Austin,

That was it, I had to go to each button and un check global (would be nice to have a button to do that in the editor).

So now i have it page 1 are my presets, with one button with bank up and down. Once i click a preset it goes to page 2 which has all the IA's and a page up and presets button. Only issue i have now is that i have to go to every preset and tell it that i want it to go to page 2. This is pretty time consuming.. wonder if you know of a faster way?

thanks again for all the help, i owe you a beer :)

Dave

The Global selection is in the General section of the button editing page (the same area where you select the Button Mode and Button type).
As far as the page selection, I believe if you use the editor to swap the page location, that will take care of it since, if you don't specify, every preset goes to page 1 as a default. Right-click anywhere on the page in the Buttons Tab window and select the "Swap this page with..." function.
-
Austin

Yes you have to go on each button, but I guess that makes sense (whole page might be a good addition).
The swap page in the editor just flat out does not work ;) tried copying page 1 to 2, and 2 to 1 neither worked.

EDIT: I take that back. I went and set all the presets back to page 1, and now it will swap. So for future reference for someone else, you cant swap pages if you have goto page set on a preset button as far as I can tell. Another thing to add to editor UX (why you cant swap).

Last edited:
Back