First video posted!

Looks awesome. The colour balance is a bit weird on the video, but I so want one. The controller to rule them all!

Yeah, I think the LEDs were confusing my camera. Hopefully it gets the point across anyway!

At this point, the plan is to have printing only on the rear panel. There's a big logo and labels for the jacks of course. The betas will definitely only have rear panel printing. I'm not sure the front panel actually needs any printing (i kinda like the clean look), but I'm interested to hear opinions on the matter.

I really like the clean look too but I also think placing an understated RJM logo and perhaps "Mastermind GT" somewhere on the top is important. It would ensure definitive brand/product recognition in any youtube clips/photos of artists gear in the long term, and this may draw new clients to the rest of the RJM product line. Many clips/photos are from the players perspective and you dont always see the back panel. With the flexibility demonstrated so far I would be surprised if it didn't start turning up in some high profile rigs.

Those are my thoughts.It looks like an amazing product and I think you should let everyone know who developed it.

I have considered the situation and decided that I am available to do some product testing for you if you like!
You really need to make sure the Mastermind works in the Southern Hemisphere, and it doesn't get much more South than here.

I could take one to the Queenstown Jazz Festival for you... I would have to use it though...

:lol:

All I can say after seeing the videos is WOW!

Seriously, it seems like everything has been thought of, this is an incredible product. It seems to be the pinnacle of pedal board controllers, I am floored (pun intended)!!!!

Steve

Why such a price premium over the LiquidFoot LF+Pro+ ?

I like your product and have been waiting for it but You should reconsider your pricing vs your competitiors IMHO....

The bottom line is that ours just costs a lot more to make.We're not charging more just to be evil. :evil:

I feel like I sounded a little cross in the last post, but that's just some frustration coming out. My apologies to the original poster. If we could have made it cost less without sacrificing features, we would have. But, goal #1 has always been to make the best MIDI controller ever, and I think we've succeeded. I recognize that it's not going to be for everyone, but my hope is - now that the years of R&D are (almost) done - the technology can eventually trickle down to other products.

Enough chatter! Back to work I go. This firmware will not write itself! :)

MartinCliffe said:
It's also a vastly better product than the LiquidFoot one... AND you get customer service and support.

Could you please elaborate on this? Looking at LF+Pro+ description It looks that it’s even more capable then GT... I still cannot decide which of those two to choose, and seems that you have some opinion - please share. Anyway both are still not available, the only midi controller with LCDs that’s now in shops is Glab 5 - but it has too few buttons for me there.

Regarding customer service of LF - it looks you are right... The maker of this new midi controllers clearly have no time to answer customers questions, and is not able to put his products on market as promised.

Anyway - it’s great for us that finally there are some controllers with LCDs - now 3 brands. I was waiting for this since years :). Now GT or LF for me...

Maybe the best way to approach this is to ask: what features are you specifically interested in? I don't know all that much about the Liquid Foot controllers, but I can tell you for certain that I've put lots of effort into giving the GT some serious breadth of features and expandability. If we don't have a feature that another controller has, it probably wouldn't be all that hard to add. I'm already adding several features that our beta testers have suggested that I had never thought of. Let me know! I'm open to suggestions. My intention is to keep expanding the GT's capabilities through firmware upgrades for years to come.

I'll admit we've missed our projected release date many times, but this time it's for real. Parts are on order and are arriving shortly. The wait will be worth it in the long run - every time there was a delay it was because I found a better way to do something, and the controller is way better than the prototype we showed so long ago.

First questions that comes to my mind:
- does GT have possibility to assign 2 functions under the same button - so short press is function #1 and long press (let’s say > 2s) is function #2? Same as LF does with 2 lines of LCD, displaying both at the same time, highlighting the status of each setting separately.
- If I automatically setup all 383 patches from Axe Fx - is there sill place in memory for other devices (other effect, soft synth, daw etc..)?

First item: not implemented yet, but you are not the first one to mention it. I need to think about it more to make sure it will make sense in the context of how we're doing things.

Second item: yes, each preset can control 16 devices, so you still have 15 devices after fully setting up the Axe-Fx.

Back