[FIXED] Saving config to flash drive issue

Upgraded to 4.6.1 yesterday; all went well. backed before and after to my pc. Tried to backup to a couple of flash drives, having the gt22 stuck at "Saving settings" after getting a full bar of the data being copied on both. removed and viewed both drives on my pc, and it appears that the config file/s were copied, but the "finished" aspect of the procedure never came up on the gt22. Stuck on "Saving settings"; Pressing cancel does not abort the procedure either. Have to disconnect power and reboot the gt to get out of it. This happen/get reported by anyone or did something change?

I haven't heard of this happening so far. Maybe try formatting the drive using the GT's System Functions menu and then try again?

I haven't heard of this happening so far. Maybe try formatting the drive using the GT's System Functions menu and then try again?
Will do; both flash drives were from you - just FYI (one from the GT and the other from an LT) - wanted to save configs that I had on there, but not a show stopper. Will format one of them and try again and report back. Thanks for the quick reply!

formatted a drive I had; same results. Did the other one and same results. (Both supplied RJM logo flash drives)

Did a factory reset and reloaded 4.6.1 and same results; tried another flash drive I had and same results.

Not the end of the world as I've never had to use the flash drive in an emergency, but never had this problem before with prev firmware. I played around with my LT (4.5.0), and it behaves properly with all flash drives.

Note; Any copied config file/s previously saved do load though on the GT with 4.6.1, , so it's completing the copy, its just hanging on the 'Saving settings' logo and not getting a complete back is my guess? (however - the file is on the flash drive/s but without a date/time stamp)

Later:
I reverted back to 4.5.0 for the editor and 4.5.1 for the firmware, (where I upgraded from) and all functions are normal; saving, loading. etc.

I went to 4.6.1 due to a post I read about presets jumping around which I had happen at a gig this past weekend (and it happened to me before/ not by an even 128 or 256) so upgraded hoping that may be handled in some manner as you stated that you were never able to replicate in your lab if memory serves.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
FYI, I'm having a similar issue right now, MMGT22 4.6.3. Just stuck on saving settings. I formatted the USB drive, still same issue.

FYI, downgraded to 4.5.1 and everything worked fine, I was able to load and save to my rjm usb. When I tried with 4.6.3 or 4.6.0, the save setting got stuck. I've attached my settings file that I used with 4.6.3.

Attachments

• mmgt.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
@Budro Thedog

For what it’s worth, on 10/25/2021 I posted about having the same issue where my GT22 doesn’t ever complete the save process to a thumb drive, and @rjmmusic Ron replied with the following:

“Several people have been reporting the save function hanging at the end. I haven't had time to look into it yet, so I recommend backing up using the editor software for now.”

Cheers
Lee

Update on this: I found the bug and it will be fixed in the next release (next week I hope?) The problem happens right after the file is written, so the file on the flash drive is good. But, the system does hang and the only way to get it back is to power cycle it.

Back