Flip Flop between loops with one button press.

I am having trouble figuring out how to use one button to swap between two loops. Here is what I would like to do. I keep my compression on all the time and want to be able to add my overdrive on top of it and toggle back and forth between those two. I would like a second button that keeps my compressor engaged and will allow me toggle between my distortion and overdrive. So essentially button 1 toggles between clean and overdrive. And button 2 toggles between distortion and overdrive.

Button 1: I would like this button to toggle between my compressor in loop 1 and then on the press I want it to add my overdrive in loop 3 on top of the compressor.

Button 2: I would like this button to toggle between my distortion in loop 4 and my overdrive in loop 3.

I know I will need to put the two buttons in a group.

Whats the easiest way to achieve this functionality?

If I understand you correctly, your compression is on all the time. So just make sure that loop is on for each preset, and you could lock it. It sounds like you need three presets: clean, distortion, overdrive, and maybe a fourth with distortion and overdrive.

The “hold” function may be your best best using two buttons. Button 1 when tapped could be the “clean preset” (distortion and overdrive loops off). When button 1 is held it could be the “distortion preset”, with the distortion loop on and overdrive loop off. Button 2 when tapped could be the “overdrive preset” with distortion loop off and overdrive loop on. And when button 2 is held you have the “overdrive and distortion preset”, with both the overdrive and distortion loops on. Using the above, you are one tap/hold away from each sound. You can use “preset index” to assign a particular preset to a particular button (both tap and hold).

Another alternative, you could have one button be clean preset and another button with both the tap and hold options, each using ia actions. Tap the button to trigger two ia actions, one ia action turning the distortion loop on, another ia action turning the overdrive loop off. Then the hold function could trigger two different ia actions which would be vice versa (distortion loop off, overdrive loop on). The two downsides to using is actions would be (1) lack of a button turning both distortion and overdrive on at the same time, and (2) it may take pressing two buttons to get the sound (for example if you have a preset with chorus and you want to change to the clean with distortion, you’d have to first press clean preset first and then the ia button). If I can, I want to change sounds with one tap/hold only.

In either of these settings, you don’t need to use group or IA link. If you have more complicated things you want to do with other presets or sounds, then the group or ia link functions could be explored. They can be powerful for larger numbers of needed options.

Hope this helps.

You may even be able to use a combination of an IA Cycle button and a Set IA button to make things even simpler. For example, for my Eventide H9, I have one IA Cycle button that controls the two loops (Bypass/Pre/Post) and multiple buttons that control presets. Using Set IA, I can turn on the corresponding loop automatically when I access a preset using one of my preset buttons.

Check out Page 5 of my settings if that sounds helpful.

Attachments

• new-framework.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Back