FN SW for changing amp channel & general help

JamminPA

Throughout the process of learning how to program the PBC 6X (using editor), I am still wrapping my head around how to properly set everything up. From clicking the correct boxes in the Global Settings, to the Audio Tab, I still feel a bit lost. I understand the FN SW can be used to change the channel on an amp. My amp is a Custom Audio Amplification OD 50 that have a clean channel, dirty channel and boost. Can the PBC 6X FN SW be set up to facilitate going from clean to dirty and then to dirty w/boost?

Again, I am still learning how to optimize this incredible piece of gear, but I have been having a very frustrating time setting everything up. My prior loop switchers were Boss ES5 & ES8 and I had no problems understanding how to set them up. If there are any true subject matter experts out there that knows the programming & editor like the back of their hand, I would love to have a conversation to help me better understand some things. I feel like I need a "How to for Dummies". haha!! I could be making this more difficult than it needs to be because of my past experience with other switchers.

I'm don't think I'm creating an over-complicated set up. I may need to re-look at my routing. A few pedals, a Source Audio EQ2 (placed in the amp FX loop) and then a Strymon Flint & Dig. I want the ability to chose using a dirt pedal or the amp dirt w/ boost. The only elaborate thing I'd like to do is have the option of running it in stereo with 2 amps.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regarding the function switches, it should work a lot like your Boss switchers did. If the amp is like most others, Fn Switch 1 should control channel selection and Fn Switch 2 should control boost.

In the Presets tab, there's a Function Switch section in the lower left. use those to select whether each switch should be on or off for each preset. Then, when you switch presets, the amp should switch accordingly.

Regarding the function switches, it should work a lot like your Boss switchers did. If the amp is like most others, Fn Switch 1 should control channel selection and Fn Switch 2 should control boost.

In the Presets tab, there's a Function Switch section in the lower left. use those to select whether each switch should be on or off for each preset. Then, when you switch presets, the amp should switch accordingly.

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Will be diving in to figure all of this out. I do have a burning question. In the editor, on the Global Settings Tab for the Function Switch Settings. The smaller rectangular box when clicked, turns blue, then yellow, then back to black. What do those colors represent?

The black open lock icon means unlocked - that the feature (loop, function switch, etc) switches normally.
The blue lock icon means locked - the feature will stay in whatever state you set on the Audio tab, and will never change
The yellow "I" icon means independent - the feature will not be affected by preset changes.It ignores any state programmed in the Presets tab. You can change it by manually pressing a button to turn the feature on or off, but it stays in that state until the button is pressed again.

Today was a great day. Everything finally clicked in my head on how to set up my PCB6X. On the outset, I was very frustrated because I felt the programming was extremely complex and different from other switchers I've had and still have. Turns out that it's pretty simple and the preserved tone from the amp is pristine.

Glad to hear it's working! It's pretty hard to offer that many settings and options without increasing the complexity and learning curve. I do wish there was a way to get around it.

For me, one the things that initially stumped me besides the FN SW, were the button pages. I guess it took me a little extra time to wrap my head around understanding how they are linked. Then it was figuring out how to create my own presets on the presets tab/ preset actions /audio tab. I have a solid grasp on sending midi pc's for the Source Audio EQ2, in fact that's is very simple.

Tomorrow I have to tackle how to properly connect a Lexicon PCM80. From what I understand, loading a midi PC will be super slow but sending a CC will be almost instantaneous ? I have some learning to do with the PCM 80. I'm unsure if I can send CC "factory presets" to the PCB6X or if I need to create a "register" with the PCM80 in order to send a CC. This level of midi game is beyond my scope but I want to learn how to easily navigate through it because everything I've read and videos I've watched, the PCM80 will sound glorious.

For the PCM80, you'll have to set it up as a Generic MIDI device in the Devices tab. Then, you can use actions to send CCs to it - you'll need to type in CC numbers manually, there won't be a dropdown list like there is for other devices.

Back