footswitch question

simon

hi, i'm building a pedal board around the pbc, but haven't received it yet, and i just wanted to ask a quick question about the footswitches. i have a strymon mobius which i'm currently using without a looper, and i am a bit miffed about the way the effect is engaged when the footswitches are released, rather than when they are pushed in. my band has a track in which i need to engage a tremolo effect on a particular beat, and it feels unnatural to have to step on the switch in advance, then lift my foot up off the switch in time to the music. i was told by strymon tech support that this is just the way the pedal is designed. my question is, how do the pbc footswitches work? are loops engaged and midi messages sent on the press in, or on the release? can i engage the mobius by pressing down the assigned switch on the pbc rather than releasing the switch?

thanks,

simon

Hi Simon,

I've got The PBC since a couple of days and one thing I can say is the PBC can do everything you want even it isn't easy to program.
In your case, you can program the tempo in the preset of the PBC and then via Midi Clock the Mobius will be at the right tempo. After everything is possible: coming from preload and switch the bypass or via CC or preset change of the Mobius: it's your choice. :)

If a PBC button is programmed to have two functions (one when you press the button, and one when you hold the button), then the functions will activate when you release the button. If a button only has one function (no hold function), then the function will activate immediately when the button is pressed. Using the PBC editor, you can choose whether each button has a secondary hold function or not.

awesome, that's fantastic. the more i find out about this unit, the better it gets. thanks heaps!

Back