For those controlling a slightly bigger setup with the "small" GT10: how do you use your controller?

backtorack

Is there anyone using the small GT10 to control a slightly bigger setup and what workarounds do you use to make it work? Would be interesting to hear how you use more than 8, 9 or 10 IA switches and so on.

I am using a GT10 in a rig that has Mark VII and JP-2C heads, an Axe-FX III, and an H90. I could easily use the real estate of the GT22 to give me more immediate access to functions on all the units, but I like the size of the GT10, so I got creative with programming buttons, pages, and IA Mode. Dedicating two buttons (globally) to the Page Menu and Scene Menu functions makes navigation easy. I also use two American Loopers two button external switches that increases my button count to 14. One external switch controls the tuner on the Axe-Fx and Tap Tempo function. The other external switch controls page up/down functions as another method of navigating pages. So, for example, I have Axe-Fx Scene switching set up on page 16, and one page down press brings me to a page where I can change scenes quickly. There is a lot more, and describing the rest of the functions would not be as instructive as simply opening the setup in the editor and looking at how I have things set up. I am attaching the editor doc.
HTH

Attachments

• MK7-JP2C.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I used a GT10 for many years before switching to the GT16. The most significant reason that I switched was that I wanted to use the GT controller in my studio for transport control and stuff.

The GT10 is a great choice for a controller. I use an AxeFX III in my live rig. Here is the basic workflow that I uses live:
* Presets are shown in banks of eight, with two buttons reserved for bank up / down. The up button has a hold function that goes back to the slot where my "starting" preset is located. The down button has a hold function that mutes output. This is super handy if you need to switch guitars, or during breaks.
* Selecting a preset switches the GT10 to a page that shows scenes 1-8. One of the remaining switches is reserved for tap tempo, with the hold function assigned to the tuner. The other switch is goes back to the presets, with the hold function going to the IA page.
* The IA page is generally arranged the same for all presets. I put effects in the same place on the GT, so I always know where to go for my distortion or phaser or whatever. Each of the buttons has a hold function that cycles through the A/B/C/D channels for AxeFX blocks (this is a construct of the AxeFX design). Again, I reserve two buttons for the tap tempo / tuner, and the other goes back to the scenes, with its hold function set to the next IA page. The IA pages loop back to the first page on repeat presses, so I can pretty easily scroll through whatever I need.

In set list mode, the only difference is that the up/down buttons on the main page cycle through the songs on the list.

In a bigger setup with more devices, you could be sending individual commands to each device on every button press. That's what I do in my studio, where I use the GT16 as an automation interface for the computers, DAW, monitors, synths, etc.

Back