found 2 sources of loud click

spiritledd

found sources of loud click ...it is mostly the MIDI EQ in Randall RM 100 series loop ...meaning it is loudest ...it is not in RG loops ...when i take EQ out of Randall series loop, it is silent switching then ...other click (not as loud) is timefactor when it is on bypass, and i switch preset on MMGT with no delay, it is silent ...when i turn TF on bypass and hit preset on MMGT with delay on it, there is enough of a click is present to hear delay repeat the click ...TF also not in RG loops ...i was thinking maybe they have to be in RG click stopper circuit to stop them doing it? ...hope not ...i did not want TF in RG loops, ...and i wanted to retain spillover function on TF ...did not want to put an EQ in RG loops either

If you have an external buffer like a Tone Saver, you might want to try it between the loop send and the first effect input. If the amp's effect loop is leaking DC, it would definitely cause pop in true bypass effects and a buffer would remove that DC.

oh yeah hmmm, i will get one then fer sure ...when I get rid of the clicks, ready to gig this rig ...thanks again Ron, your awesome :)

that would mean I need 1 buffer for each send on stereo delay? ...since I am using 2 amps series loops (not in RG loops) with stereo delay send/returns? ...but that would be all ...I don't need one for front of amps because of the MIDI EQ? you know it is it is located directly after RG ...maybe it should go before, to take advantage of RG buffer? ...im not sure it is a click problem, just thought I would ask in case you already knew?

I would definitely debug this using only one amp, get any click issues figured out, then add the second amp and fix any new problems.

Back