Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL New Product Compatibility ?

Rain

Hi Ron, hope everything is great. I'm getting the new Fractal Audio AXE FX II XL this week and was wondering if it'll be compatible with my MMGT 22... ? If you need a Beta Tester I'm available, our Tour doesn't start until the middle of May.
Thank you,
Luis :D

Hi, does anyone have any info ? I'm Receiving my
Axe FX ll XL tomorrow...

We will be supporting the Axe-Fx II XL as soon as we can get our hands on one. For now, I suspect that it will work fine with the GT except for the new features (X/Y settings on new blocks, presets above 384, etc). GT firmware 2.0 will allow you to have 512 presets, but whether it will have all of the Axe II XL features depends on whether we can get the XL here in time. Axe-Fx users make up a large percentage of GT users, so supporting it as quickly as possible is very important to us!

Hello all, I'm happy to report all Systems Go !!! Everything is working great with the MMGT22 and my new Axe FX II XL.... :D

Did you have to do anything special to get it working? I have another customer who can't get it working fully.

Nothing special. I used the same settings as my Axe II no problems. What kind of problems are they having ?

No return communications at all - no tuner, no effect block status, no tempo. We've gone through a lot of debugging and haven't come up with anything yet.

Hi Ron..... I can confirm the same issues here. I've had a busy few weeks (Marriage-Rehearsals).. I haven't had the time to Integrate the AXE FX XL into my Rig yet, I'm still using my original AXE FX II. The night I tested it I thought I had it all working..
If you need me to try out any Beta Firmware I'm available. I'll have to wait for it anyway before I can use it in my Rig...

I don't own an MFC but as far as I know they posted an updated firmware for it in which you have to select whether you're connected to a Axefx MkI/II or XL. My guess is that they have different sysex IDs and all that may have something to do with it?

Glennski said:
I don't own an MFC but as far as I know they posted an updated firmware for it in which you have to select whether you're connected to a Axefx MkI/II or XL. My guess is that they have different sysex IDs and all that may have something to do with it?
Good point.... I have an MFC as a back-up... I'll try it with the XL setting... Maybe I can look at the Sysex Data setting in the MFC somehow...

Ok, I received some information from Fractal and I know what to do. There will be a new release soon with the change.

Back