Fractal FM3 Scene + PBC6x Loop changes

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some help. I configured my PBC6X to change scenes on my FM3. However, I'm not sure how I can turn on loops on my PBC6X to only work with certain Scenes. At the moment, if I turn a Loop on, it'll leave that Loop on for all the scenes of that preset.

I'm running a PBC6X to control my FM3 and 3 Analog Pedals as I'd like to use individual analog pedals with certain scenes within a preset.

Hopefully, this makes sense. If not, I'll be happy to explain further.

In order to do that, you have to change how PBC presets are related to the FM3. Right now, you have presets on the PBC recalling presets on the FM3. You can change things so that a preset on the PBC recalls a specific scene on the FM3.

Are you using Get Preset Names? If so, just do it again, but this time turn on Create Songs. Each FM3 preset will become a PBC song, each FM3 scene will become a PBC preset. This will allow you to have independent loop settings for each scene.

Thanks for the response and help. So I understand what you are saying. Presets on the PBC to control Scenes on the FM3. I don't know how to "Get Preset Names" exactly. Is there a way to do so on the Mastermind editor?

So far, I've managed to turn the L1 button on the PBC to "Get Preset Names" using the mastermind editor. From here, I'm not sure how to continue on the editor itself, but if I press L1, it gives me the option to see more settings. One of which is to turn on "create songs." From here, I press start to proceed, which prompts a load screen to appear, but it makes no progress.

Do you have the two connected bidirectionally? I've attached an excerpt from the manual that explains all of that, including Get Preset Names.

Attachments

• MMLT-AxeFx.pdf
    882.4 KB · Views: 25
And, the excerpt doesn't explain it, but you select Edit Devices / Axe-Fx III / Get Preset Names to get into the full Get Preset Names menu.

Ok, I have one midi cable connected to both units (PBC6x midi out to FM3 midi in). Since the PBC6x only has a midi out, I'm assuming I can I get away with using a Midi Y cable to connect them bidirectionally as stated in the PBC6x manual? Or will I have to use the Phantom Power Adapter connection method?

upload_2020-7-21_21-0-22.png

Alright, I managed to connect the FM3 with the PBC6x Bidirectionally. I did the 'Get Preset Names' process and can now control FM3 Scenes using the PBC6x presets.

That said I'm not sure how I can access Scenes 5-8 using the PBC6x. At the moment I can only select Scenes 1-4. Ideally, I would like to access Scenes 1-4 (or Presets 1-4 on PBC6x) on Page 1 of the PBC6x and Scenes 5-8 (or Presets 5-8 on PBC6x) on Page 2 of the PBC6x. I'll be using Page 3 for Loops and Page 4 for Switches.

Thanks.

Typically, you would use banks for the instead of that instead of pages. Press bank up and buttons 1-4 now access presets 5-8. Press it again and they access presets 9-12, etc.

So I thought about doing that but when I click Bank Up and Down it chooses Presets on the FM3/Songs on the PBC6x. Not Scenes.

Any idea on how I can make it so that Bank Up and Down shifts between Presets on the PBC6x and not Songs?

This is what I'm working with at the moment.

Attachments

• Current FM3 Settings.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
In the settings you sent me, song & setlist mode isn't active. Are these the correct settings?

Ok, that's odd, because there are no songs or setlists defined, and song mode is turned off in those settings. What's indicating that it's changing songs on the PBC?

Are you using MIDI mapping on the FM3? I also don't see anything in the PBC settings that is selecting scenes. MIDI mapping on the FM3 is the only way that scenes could be changing.

Any update to this? Is there any updated tutorial or how to on FM3 being controlled by PBC6X? Anyone have good success with it. Im thinking of snagging an FM3 and using it with PBC6X to control it but to also use with 1-2 external pedals.

Sorry, there are no tutorials at this time, the Axe-Fx III tutorials are the closest thing we have right now.

Theoreticically, using PBC6X with the Y midi cable and the directions above would allow you to pull up scenes and such from the FM3.

Would I be able to use a preset from FM3 and use an analog pedal in the PBC6X loop to make a preset?

Yes, each preset on the PBC can turn on any loops, in any order, and recall a specific scene and/or preset on the FM3.

Back