Function button, tap tempo

Rocknroll

I want to use the L6 button for tap tempo. I also want to keep the function function. So, will the tap work with taps, and a long press to get into the function option? Or do I lose the function option when I choose global tap for L6?

Generally speaking, using the editor, you can assign the button to tap tempo and create a hold function on the button to do something else. What would you like the button to do when held? Can you clarify what you mean about the function option?

Currently when I press the L6 function switch, it takes me to a page that allows me to adjust all my Strymon midi pedals. It moves the presets up and down. So, now I want to add the tap tempo to this switch, as stated in the manual to create a global tap tempo. I would also like to keep the function it already has, being able to adjust my midi Strymon presets. So I need to take the current setup to a hold function, and then add the tap tempo as a single .

Ok, set button type to Hold, then copy the settings from the main button configuration to the hold function configuration (accessible with the "Hold Function" selector at the top of the screen). You'll have to manually copy this, I'm afraid.

Then, remove the IA actions from the main button configuration and turn on Flash w/ Tempo. Turn off all other checkboxes. That should do it.

lukythgf_zps0sytlqvk.png
Untitled_zpsw0kblywd.png

These two images show what I am working with. I followed your directions, but the Tap Tempo is not working. I have sent this to the RJM/ I press and hold the L6 and still have the Preset setup function that I want to keep, but I do not have the Global Tap Temp on L6 to send to all my pedals.

Try turning on Update State on Preset Change on the Button Settings tab (not the Hold Function tab). This is a setting that does affect the button's tempo behavior, but isn't well documented.

I also seem to have lost my L6 function on loops. I have a compressor set into #6/ When I am trying to make a preset and add compressor, it doesn't do anything. no light no nothing, all other loops work fine.

That fixed the Tap Tempo! But now have run into two new problems. As stated above, in the loops function, I cannot control the compressor I have in loop six (l6). Also now, when I go into the preset function page, my Strymon bigsky is controlled by 5 and 6 (BS presst up and down). I cannot use L6 to move presets up.

Turn off Global on the L6 / Preset Edit button on page 1 - that's making the tempo button take the place of the L6 button on every page.

Back