Function Switch on MEGX to control the TONE KiNG iRONMAN II Attenuator's "Solo" boost?

EVHGuy1111

Hello,
I'm finalizing my new rig I'm building.
LOVE MY MEGX and MMLT to control my rig!

I am adding an attenuator to the rig (possibly 2 if I expand it to a WET/DRY rig down the road)...

I used the FN SW on my MEGX to control ANALOG TAP on my delay pedal. I just learned the TONE KiNG iRONMAN II 1OOw Attenuator has a "solo" function and external 1/4 foot switch that can boost the dB level for solos.
HERE is the iRONMAN II's manual

I understand I'd have to get a multi-expression pedal like the Mission Expressionator to control the ANALOG TAP and SOLO SWiTCH simultaneously... but my question is if it is possible to use the MEGX FN SW to do what I'm thinking?

You couldn't use an expressionator to work with both devices - it's specifically for products that use expression pedals.

The Function Switch jack would be what you'd need, in general, but it's not a great idea to try to use it with two devices at the same time. You could easily end up with hum due to a ground loop, or there's even a small chance of damage. This video is specific to the function switches on Masterminds, but all of the discussion of cables and electrical issues still apply to the MEGX as well:
Function Switches

The safe way to do this is to get something that gives you more function switches, like the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher.

You couldn't use an expressionator to work with both devices - it's specifically for products that use expression pedals.

The Function Switch jack would be what you'd need, in general, but it's not a great idea to try to use it with two devices at the same time. You could easily end up with hum due to a ground loop, or there's even a small chance of damage. This video is specific to the function switches on Masterminds, but all of the discussion of cables and electrical issues still apply to the MEGX as well:
Function Switches

The safe way to do this is to get something that gives you more function switches, like the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher.
What if I were to get a second RJM MEGX?

That would also give the added benefit of going from 11 effects to 23 effects I could put in my rig... Muahahahahahaha!

But it would still only cover the ANALOG TAP and ONE Tone King Ironman II Attenuator...

Am I back to square one if I expand this rig to WET/DRY? I'll only be able to boost one attenuator?
Yes, then you're going to run into the same issue. The Control Switcher might be a better option - it has four individual outputs that can control different devices.

The Control Switcher might be a better option - it has four individual outputs that can control different devices.
Does that mean I abandon my RJM MEGX?

Or just use the Voodoolab for controlling 1/4 analog aspects of the devices in question and MiDi connect it to the MEGX to receive instructions?

Last edited:
Does that mean I abandon my RJM MEGX?

Or just use the Voodoolab for controlling 1/4 analog aspects of the devices in question and MiDi connect it to the MEGX to receive instructions?
You would continue to use the MEGX for switching effects. The Control Switcher would only connect to footswitch jacks of your attenuators to control them. The Control Switcher can't switch audio signals like the MEGX can.

Back