Function Switch settings reversed every time I power up - PBC10/4.6.3

Chris Green

Hi All
I use the Function Switches to control the Revival Drive via the Origin Effects Switcher interface. Recently the settings are backwards when the unit is powered up. Every time I have to go to the editor, open recent, read settings and either Invert or uncheck Invert on the FN1 and FN2 settings, save and write the settings to put them back to normal. I'm have the PBC on firmware 4.6.3. and 4.6.1 editor on Mac

Thanks
Chris

Does this switcher interface expect a momentary footswitch? Momentary switches like that are problematic, because the PBC can't tell the pedal to turn on or turn off, it can only tell it to change (turn off if it's on, or turn on if it's off). They can get out of sync like that. It's odd that the problem comes back after turning the pedal off and on again. Does the pedal remember that last state it was in when it powers up?

Thanks for getting back to me. This is from the switcher interface manual.

The unit works by converting the four latching control switches to the combination of latching and momentary switching used by the RevivalDRIVE. Using standard TRS jack cables, connect INPUT A and INPUT B to your switching system’s latching switch (CTL) outputs.

NOTE: Remote switching of the bypass state and active channel can only be achieved with the Switcher Interface. The interface converts latching control formats to a short momentary pulse. In the unlikely event of power loss, the user may find that switcher-to-pedal synchronisation is lost. To re-sync the set-up the user should toggle the affected function directly on the pedal, by pressing the appropriate footswitch.

I've just tried reseting the pedal and restarting and it doesn't fix it. I've been using it for about a year without issue. This has only been happening in the last week or two. Possibly when I updated the firmware to 4.6.3. Would it have something to do with that?

Also, when I read settings from device in editor 4.6.1, sometimes the model shows as PBC/10 4.6.3 and sometimes 4.6.1 in the System Setting of the Global page of the editor. If it does show as PBC/10 4.6.3, if I then edit a preset and write changes or settings to device, it reverts to 4.6.1.
Is that normal?

The editor version is 4.6.3 and the firmware version is 4.6.1, that's where the conflict is coming from. There's no actual harm in it, the version reported depends on whether your settings were last modified on the PBC or in the editor.

It sure sounds like there's an issue with momentary switching. Does toggling the switch on the pedal, like they describe, also fix the problem?

I don't know of anything in 4.6.3 that would cause something like this. What version did you upgrade from?

I upgraded the PBC/10 from 4.6.2. Is there a 4.6.3 Editor?
Toggling the switches on the pedal resolves until power is shut off. It happens again the next time I power on. I've tried inverting the function switches on the PBC itself and that gets the same result.

4.6.1 is the latest editor, the 4.6.2 and 4.6.3 releases didn't need any fixes to the editor.

I'm not sure that there's any way around this, aside from pressing the pedal's button when you power everything up.

Back