Function Switches and Gurus 1959

Gilles

Hi All,

I've got a trouble with the switching function.
First, the Gurus 1959 use momentary switching. Four functions: Bypass, Ch1, Ch2, Solo.
Fn3 (CH1) et Fn4 (CH2) are on the momentary position.
I've done the good cable between Gurus and PBC, it's OK when I switch CH1 and CH2 with two single buttons.

But I wish to program the PBC to switch CH1 and CH2 with only one button.
I tried with IA cycle:
Step 1: CH1 with yellow LED
Step 2: CH2 with red LED

In IA Actions section, I wrote this:
Type: IA
Name: Gurus Floor
Group: None
Send on preset: Yes
Update on preset: Yes
Cycle
Button Actions:
1: Audio / FnSwitch #3 off:OFF, on:ON
2: Audio / FnSwitch #4 off:OFF, on:OFF
3: System / Step
4: Audio / FnSwitch #4 off:OFF, on:ON
5: Audio / FnSwitch #3 off:OFF, on:OFF

The issue is that's locked on CH1 (with switch noise) when cycle.
On the screen of the PBC, there is the good function indication on 3 and 4 FN Switch.

Thank for your help. :)

I've never worked with that amp, but based on the fact that the amp uses momentary switching, I'm pretty sure I know the problem. Amps like that require that you only pulse the switch for the channel that's turning on. Right now, the PBC will pulse both the channel that's turning on and the channel that's turning off.

This is something that will get fixed in the next release.

Hi All!

Hihi, I need your help again about this switching thing.
Because I recently bought a second Suhr stompbox, I use both External Out 1/2 and 3/4 for those, I added an Axcess CFX4 to switch the Gurus.

So...

CFX:
Use for Control Change so MIDI Chanel 16 necessary.
CC 104 (Ch1) and 105 (Ch2) for momentary switching.
For the IA Button: I do everything like before and it works. I can switch between both channel and the LED is OK.

But...

When I want to switch chanels in a preset, I select the button for chanel 2 in the preset page. It doesn't make the job.
The button is on the chanel 2 but nothing switched.

I am asking where I forget something...

Thanks for help
PS: PBC with 4.1.3FW

Make sure that "Send CCs on Preset Change" is turned on in the Devices tab for the CFX4 device, and make sure your IA buttons have "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" turned on.

Here it is.
I switch "Direct send CC/PC"" in the device, it's better. But it's like the IA Link between, the buttons et the preset doesn't work correctly

Thanks Ron

Attachments

• Settings March 2019.rjs
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
You have multiple buttons that control the CFX, and many of them are programmed to activate on preset change, so you probably have a conflict where one button is telling the CFX switch to be on, and another telling the CFX switch to be off.

My best guess is that you should turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on the CTL-1 L and CTL2-L buttons so they only trigger when you actually press them.

Ok Ron, it seems to be ok with that guess.
Just one more question.
When I copy the Switching channel button to an other page, the last doesn',t work properly even with IA link, an idea?

IA Cycle buttons don't work with IA Link. When writing presets, you'll have to program both copies of the button to the correct state. And, only one of the copies should have Send on Preset Change turned on.

IA Cycle buttons don't work with IA Link. When writing presets, you'll have to program both copies of the button to the correct state. And, only one of the copies should have Send on Preset Change turned on.

So, how do you do that? Is it Macro or Local Button page?

So, how do you do that? Is it Macro or Local Button page?

It's neither, I just mean that when you decide that the CFX switch should be turned on in a preset, you need to go to the Buttons tab, and turn on both copies of the button manually, then save that.

Back