Function Switches and Tap Tempo Pedals

I run a Volante, DD20 and Cusack tremolo on my board. I run midi clock to the volante and use FN switch 1 to the DD20 to control my BPMs. My question is this, can I also run tap tempo to my Cusack tremolo from the PBC/6X? The specs say there are two function switches. So I would assume that I could run tempo to both my dd20 and Cusack tremolo, correct? Which jacks would I use, the exp jack or ext sw jack?

Only the function switch output can be used for tap tempo output. There are two switches on the jack, and you could theoretically use an insert cable to split it to two pedals. In general, I don't recommend this because you can run into electrical problems. However, if you have an ohmmeter, you can measure between a pedal's input jack ground and the tap switch input ground. If they're connected, and the two jacks are also connected on the other pedal, it should be safe to connect the two using an insert cable. You might still get a ground loop, though, but that can be fixed by disconnecting the cable's ground on the plug that connects to one pedal.

So yeah, it'a s bit complicated. If you do accomplish all of that, then just add a Fn Switch 2 action anywhere you have a Fn Switch 1 action. Then', it'll control both pedals.

Back