Function switches?

Each of the four switches is independently configurable to be latching or momentary.

Will I have to go pretty deep into the menu to access the function switches? I'm thinking about using switches 1/2 to access the on/off state of two Suhr pedals and switches 3/4 to switch channels on a pair of two channel amps. Im just wondering, without using the editor, if it would be somewhat confusing to create a preset on the fly without knowing the on/off state of the devices till the preset is saved? Does that make any sense or am I over complicating it? I guess I'm comapring it to how my amp gizmo and RG16 switches function and having a visual LED and a physical button to engage.

In the main PBC operating mode, the Switches button changes the functions of the other 10 buttons. What each button does in this mode is shown in the lower right corner of each button's labels. If you look at a picture of the unit, you'll see that buttons 1-4 have a "FN1" through "FN4" label. These are the function switch controls.

So, to edit the function switch state, you press Switches, then press buttons 1-4 to adjust the switch states. Hold the Loops button to store to the current preset. Press the loops button to exit back to the preset mode.

On the main screen, in the upper left, there are four indicators that show the current state of each switch so you can always see the state of the function switches, no matter what mode you're in.

I noticed that the Switch Gizmo description on the RJM web site states that:

"Each TRS jack is electrically isolated from the other, making it possible to connect to two amps simultaneously"

I was wondering whether this would be the case on the Mastermind PBC?

rjmmusic said:
In the main PBC operating mode, the Switches button changes the functions of the other 10 buttons. What each button does in this mode is shown in the lower right corner of each button's labels. If you look at a picture of the unit, you'll see that buttons 1-4 have a "FN1" through "FN4" label. These are the function switch controls.

So, to edit the function switch state, you press Switches, then press buttons 1-4 to adjust the switch states. Hold the Loops button to store to the current preset. Press the loops button to exit back to the preset mode.

On the main screen, in the upper left, there are four indicators that show the current state of each switch so you can always see the state of the function switches, no matter what mode you're in.

After looking at the top photo of the PBC's display it now makes sense to me. Awesome. But the next guys question of having any ground loop issues in switching two different amps with one TRS jack is something I hadn't thought of. I take it there shouldn't be an issue?

The switching on the PBC is very similar to the Switch Gizmo. You can control two amps if you use one TRS jack for each amp - they're isolated, so it's safe. Splitting a TRS jack to control two amps is a very bad idea!

rjmmusic said:
The switching on the PBC is very similar to the Switch Gizmo. You can control two amps if you use one TRS jack for each amp - they're isolated, so it's safe. Splitting a TRS jack to control two amps is a very bad idea!

So to get around that would I run into an issue using Switch One to control one amp Switch Two to control the FX link on my Koji Comp then Switch Three to control the second amp and Switch Four to control the FX link on my Shiba Drive?

I should have said - "Splitting a TRS jack to control two devices is a bad idea!". It's not always going to be a problem, but is likely to cause ground loops or worse electrical problems. We'd have to check out each amp and pedal, make sure that each switching jack is referenced to ground. If it is, then using ground lifted cables you could get around ground loops. If the jacks are referenced to a voltage other than ground, then you'd need an external relay box to break the TRS jack into two isolated TS jacks.

Back