Future update - Reset option?

matt-phaeleh

Hey Ron,

Just wondering in a future update if it would be possible to have some kind of reset all button option, to restore all buttons on all pages/presets back to their default/bootup state?

In practice, in any one song, I may have upto 30 buttons left on at the end of a song. In order to start the next one, I normally need to skip through and turn all of these off on various pages. Quite often, I'll end songs using the GUI or Livid midi controller I mentioned in the other thread, as there's no bi-directionality on the USB, it means I have to go through afterwards and reset everything. I've sometimes resorted to just unplugging the power in between songs, but that isn't too practical.

Do you think something like this would be possible in a future update? Or to be able to receive some kind of midi command externally to do the same, as I could easily get the controller or max/msp to send something similar out to the GT16 anytime the software isn't in a 'play' state.

Hope this makes sense anyway, and thanks again for all the hard work!

Seems like just having one button dedicated to calling a global preset would be the way to go. Just have the global preset be your base tone and tap that at the end of each song. It'll "reset" all the IAs and take you to whatever page you want as your starting point.

Nice one for the reply mate!

I'm currently using presets for the different pages, I can't remember why but it seemed to work better for what I was doing, jumping between a load of different pages. Essentially on the main page i've got access to 5 preset pages with one button push, and still use the 'preset menu' button to bring up the others I'll use less off.

When I'm switching presets the parameters all keep their values when I go back to them. Preset 1 is my main page, and the others are various numbers after this. If I was to use the global preset, would this then reset all the others? The behaviour is generally cool, and reseting manually isn't too bad, as sending an off message again to the laptop isn't going to upset it the parameter is already turned off, more of a time saver.

I'll attach my patch, though it's very rough, as I'm still doing the coding in max/msp, so view it as a work in progress ;)
There are a few things that need swapping in terms of momentary/toggle actions, and a few random pages where I temporarily copied some buttons to, but hopefully it'll make sense! I also haven't updated to the latest version of the firmware/editor, so hopefully that won't cause any problems!

Attachments

• Matt-GT16-v0.1.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Let me have a look at it tonight to better understand it. Seems like you may not want IA buttons to update on preset changes if I'm understanding this correctly.

Cheers.

Nice one! Yeah I'm completely happy with how it all functions, was more of a thinking out loud post, whilst I've got too much time on my hands post multiple teeth removal. It's not that much of an inconvenience, and I know I'm using the GT16 in a bit of a strange way!

To be fair I've confused myself now as to what I was asking.

Appreciate the replies though mate, hope you're having a nice day! :cool:

I had a look at your config and :shock: :eek:

I think I understand what you're after but without having your IAs updating on MMGT preset changes I'm not sure how to do it.

Haha, yeah it's a bit freestyle, you don't wanna see what's going on with the laptop side of things ;)

It's no biggie, and I should probably sit on these thoughts a bit more to be more specific in the future, but I should have my coding side of things with the software finished in the next month or so, and can hopefully sit down and logically think of some potentially smoother ways of doing things in terms of the GT.

Thanks again for the input!

Back