Getting IA switch to ignore preset changes?

Meanoldfireman

I thought this would be more straight ahead. I feel like I'm overlooking something:

I want to be able to toggle between the two inputs. (I play guitar and lap steel). I want to be able to switch between the two and retain the setting even if I switch presets (or even songs).

I'm a little low on physical switches, so I put it in a hold function on the top right (allong with "Bank up" and an IA to send a CC to bypass the delay in the output). The Hold has Input one "off" when the switch is engaged, "On" when it's off and visa versa for Input 2. "Send on Preset" in unchecked. If I engage it, it works. If I switch presets, it reverts to Input 1.

What am I over looking?

Unfortunately, that's not possible at this time. The preset-level audio settings have precedence over the IA buttons, so it doesn't matter how send/update on preset change are set, it's always going to change to what's specified in audio settings for each preset. What you need is the "independent" setting for inputs - it would make sense for me to add this.

As always Ron, thanks for your speedy reply and open ears and mind. There's a few reasons why I can't see using anything but RJM gear, but the support you provide should be the gold standard to which everyone strives for. Thanks!

Back