GFI Synesthesia preset control problem

franktree

I have a very strange issue with controlling my GFI Systems Synesthesia. When I program presets that include PC changes to the Synesthesia, they never load properly. It always just takes me to the same preset (always preset 3, which is PC 2). However, when I program "Buttons" to talk to Synesthesia and change presets manually via PC, it works correctly. That's not helpful, since I need to be able to change the Synesthesia presets via the Mastermind presets, not via the buttons (which I use for programming). Even if I change the Synesthesia preset correctly via a Mastermind Button, and then try to Store the Mastermind preset with the correct Synesthesia preset selected (via the manual Button approach), when I reselect the preset, it reverts back to that say always-on preset--preset 2.

So there seems to be something wrong with the way presets are controlling the Synesthesia that don't impact the way Buttons do. Can anyone help?

You probably have Send on Preset Change turned on on your buttons. Keep in mind that every button on every page that has Send on Preset Change will run its actions every time you change presets. Your preset might be recalling one preset, but every one of your buttons will recall their specified preset as well. The last one that runs is the one that "wins" - the pedal will end up on that preset.

Hmm, that was definitely part of the issue! I turned it off for each of the Synesthesia related buttons and now some presets are working as they're supposed to, but others aren't, and I can't seem to identify any differences between the presets that are working and those that aren't. I can see what you're talking about happen, where the proper preset loads on the Synesthesia very briefly and then the preset I do want takes over. I went through every button I have and there aren't any others than have "Send on Preset Change" turned on (or "Update on Preset Change"). Could there be anything else that would be causing this to happen (but only for some presets)?

99% of the time stuff like this is due to conflicting messages being sent. If you select View > System Report in the menu, you can search for anything that's controlling the Synesthesia - there may be a button in there you had forgotten about.

Back