GFI Synesthesia

Jhansenku

Anyone set this pedal up with PBC? I just got one today and I’m putting it on the board later. Just looking for some pointers and guidance as I’m still pretty green when it comes to midi and the controller. I’ll be putting it on midi channel 3 and really just using it for PCs and simple functions, It’s dual engine and I’m running it in mono. May use the expression pedal with it that I’m running through RJM.

I have made some progress and at least have it doing PCs. Question: There is a feature in the Presets of Synesthesia called Auto Stompbox Mode. So basically it puts the pedal in stomp box mode when you engage that preset and you have 2 separate engines to choose from. SO it gives you 2 presets in one. When I do that though, both engines come on. I can bypass or engage one or the other or both on the Synesthesia pedal. How would I set up the RJM to where I could program the preset and depending what I want, either A/Y is on or B/X is on or I want both on?

Hey man! I’m thinking of getting a synesthesia. I want to run it with my pbc6x - I control most of my midi pedals outside of the loops. When I send a CC message to turn it on, have you found a way to toggle between side A and B instead of having them both come on at once?

I don’t use mine in stomp box mode, but I’ve got this setup now and have figured it out but am running into some issues. I’m wondering if the OP’s note on “auto stomp box mode” has something to do with my issue.

For some reason, during a set, the Syesthesia will get stuck on PC 1 (preset 1A). I can’t tell what triggers it - but once it happens, my presets on the PBC/6x don’t trigger a preset change on the Synesthesia. Everything downstream in the MIDI chain (BigSky and Timeline) still trigger correctly.

Back