Grouped IA button problem

Meanoldfireman

So: I've been at this for a good part of the day and can't seem to get it right. I have three IA buttons in group one to control functions 1 & 2 of the Rack Gizmo to switch the channels on my Demeter TGA 3.

When I program a preset for just "Clean" it takes fine. When I try to program "Crunch" or "Lead", it activates both.

photo.php

I thought I had all the settings right

sdk.js

sdk.js
photo.php

What am I missing?

Attachments

• Feb 18.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Ok, I see a few things going on that should be changed. On page 3, check out the second, third and fourth preset button. They have actions that control the Rack Gizmo - delete those. This is likely where the problem is coming from - the settings for these buttons can conflict with the other channel buttons.

Then, you have a bunch of buttons that aren't global but should be. Your channel and preset buttons are the same on every page (with the exception of the preset buttons on page 3 as mentioned above, but I think that's unintentional). If you go to page 1 and set all of the channel and preset buttons to be global, then you can be sure that those buttons will work the same on each page. Editing a global button on one page will change the settings on all pages, and that will prevent things like the page 3 issue from happening.

I hope this all makes sense - feel free to ask questions if needed!

Thanks so much Ron. I tried to start as fresh as possible, as I realized settings can get "left" when I make changes. I removed the commands from the all the channel buttons and set them to "off", except on page 1, which I set to global. I also set set all the preset buttons to "off" except on page 1. I'm still having the same issue with both "Crunch" and "Lead" channel buttons showing "on" together. I'm stumped. (That's the file attached.) I did also upgrade the firmware and editor since then, which hopefully didn't add to the confusion.

I did create Programs in the Rack Gizmo so I can trigger the relay combinations with PC messages, but that creates it's own set of challenges, although I may have a work around for that. (Since I'm going to be working on a rack with a Triaxis, which seems to only take PC messages, I figured I might as well get used to it).

Thanks so much for you help. I've been doing "getting my feet wet" with a competitor's system and it really helps me appreciate the user friendliness of your editor and the terrific support.

Attachments

• Feb 18.1.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Found it! I unclicked the "IA Link box on the "Lead" channel button. I then could select either "Crunch" or "Lead". But I need them linked! For giggles, I changed the order of the two commands in the "Crunch" button. It was:
CC toggle 88 off:127 on: 1
CC toggle 89 off:1 on: 127

I changed it to:
CC toggle 89 off:1 on: 127
CC toggle 88 off:127 on: 1
now it works! (With IA link on)

Is this something to do with how the IA link recognizes the IA's?

Yes, the IA Link uses the first action on each button to determine which buttons should be linked.

Back