GT messing up everytime I turn it on.

Brooksbell

Problem. I turn on my power conditioner on my rack (kemper and power conditioner), which also sends power to the Phantom box. I select a slot on a song once the Kemper pulls up. Let's say I select the "verse" slot on a song. The RJM will then start scrolling through every preset in my Kemper, almost like it's glitching, or downloading every stomp. Eventually, this causes the Kemper to freeze, popping up with a message (this module is empty) and I have to turn everything off and back on. Turn it back on, same thing happens. Any ideas what's going on? Happens every time I turn it on. Running slave mode. I selected which stomps I want tp turn on with each preset/slot in the RJM editor. Pictures attatched. Eventually the RJM began to work after it froze my Kemper 3-4 times. The slots are a little messed up from it- A verse from one song was on a different song, and this happened multiple times. I know for a fact that neither of the units are messed up, it has to be a setting problem. I think the "Auto Names" is on on the RJM editor if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• 3AC45CF3-D1CF-4950-B29E-A5FC378F6474.jpeg
    3AC45CF3-D1CF-4950-B29E-A5FC378F6474.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 3
  • C8CBB49C-9C0D-49B8-83FF-920E4C314D4F.jpeg
    C8CBB49C-9C0D-49B8-83FF-920E4C314D4F.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 3
I can think of two things that can cause this:

- You have MIDI Receive Channel set to the same channel as the Kemper device. MIDI Receive Channel should be set to None.
- You have a miswired external switch or defective footswitch that's programmed to have the "Preset +" function

Back