GT16/AxeFx3 effects shifting during scene load

Jon Stafford

I am using a single preset with 4 scenes. I used get song names so my preset name is in the main display and the 4 scenes are preset buttons on the bottom row. I have everything working as expected now, except that when I load a scene I hear a split second of effect chaos (various effects in the signal path toggling on and off before settling into the programmed state). I am sure I have a setting toggled that shouldn't be, but I am getting glassy-eyed trying to figure it out. Someone here will read this and know exactly what I need to do... I hope.

Hey Jon,

If you attach the preset in question, I'll be glad to take a look. Even if I'm not able to assist, someone else on the forum can most likely help resolve your situation.

Cheers,
Lee

Hey Jon,

If you attach the preset in question, I'll be glad to take a look. Even if I'm not able to assist, someone else on the forum can most likely help resolve your situation.

Cheers,
Lee
Thanks. I tried to attach it (.rjs file) to the post but i got an error message from saying the file appears empty and to pick a new file. Not sure what the disconnect is.

The file I tried to upload is named Axe3-SYN-4CM.rjs but I get this message from the board software.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 7.37.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 7.37.43 AM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
Hmmmm, that’s odd to me. I’ve never received that message. Interesting to get the message about a possible empty file, and still reflect it as 27.8k. I’ll download it shortly and see if there is anything I can’t report. Oh, I might also need your AF3 preset, if I don’t see something jumping out on the MMGT file. I’ll let ya know.

Ok, for some reason the file you loaded is only a screen-shot (that is only of that empty file message), so there is nothing I can see. When you are attempting to load your file, are you clicking the "Attach files" button that has the little paper-clip icon? I just did that on my computer, and after navigating to the folders that I keep my backup files, it displayed my file on the screen. I'll send it along, just for grins. Lee

Attachments

• LL-Dual-Setup-4.7.0 04122022.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Ok, for some reason the file you loaded is only a screen-shot (that is only of that empty file message), so there is nothing I can see. When you are attempting to load your file, are you clicking the "Attach files" button that has the little paper-clip icon? I just did that on my computer, and after navigating to the folders that I keep my backup files, it displayed my file on the screen. I'll send it along, just for grins. Lee
Yeah, I used the “attach files” button on the post and navigated to the file I mentioned, which is actually 1.8MB on my Mac. The screen shot was to show you (whoever reads this) that I cannot upload the file I saved from GT Editor, and I don’t know why. The forum software just tells me it is an empty file and try another file. I resaved it with a different name (shorter an no special characters) and the same thing happened.

I can attach screen shots but my .rjs file is not recognized.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.20.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.20.36 AM.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.20.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.20.48 AM.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.21.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.21.00 AM.png
    425.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.21.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 10.21.13 AM.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 6
Hmmmm, that’s odd to me. I’ve never received that message. Interesting to get the message about a possible empty file, and still reflect it as 27.8k. I’ll download it shortly and see if there is anything I can’t report. Oh, I might also need your AF3 preset, if I don’t see something jumping out on the MMGT file. I’ll let ya know.
I have an FC6 and this behavior doesn't happen with that as the controller, so I am pretty confident I managed to create a situation where the MMGT is sending extraneous MIDI data which causes the behavior in question. Just switching scenes with the FC6 works as expected.

I should have figured that out, about what you attached. doh.

One thing that I'm wondering about, is using Song mode. From what I've read in the manual (I use get Preset Names rather than Songs), each of the songs is up to 16 Presets, whereas each Preset is up to 8 Scenes. So when you press one of the four green buttons on your GT16, it is loading a different defined Preset. On the FC6 & FC12, when clicking a different Scene, much of the data is already in memory. When you clicking one of the green buttons on your layout, it is loading the actual preset into memory. As I don't use Song Mode, my interpretation may be faulty, but I believe this is also what is mentioned in the manual. I'm sure other forum members will gladly provide the correct answer, if in fact mine is off base. I hope this might help get this sorted for you. Lee

ps I believe Ron has a video on his YouTube channel, discussing using Song Mode, if interested.

I should have figured that out, about what you attached. doh.

One thing that I'm wondering about, is using Song mode. From what I've read in the manual (I use get Preset Names rather than Songs), each of the songs is up to 16 Presets, whereas each Preset is up to 8 Scenes. So when you press one of the four green buttons on your GT16, it is loading a different defined Preset. On the FC6 & FC12, when clicking a different Scene, much of the data is already in memory. When you clicking one of the green buttons on your layout, it is loading the actual preset into memory. As I don't use Song Mode, my interpretation may be faulty, but I believe this is also what is mentioned in the manual. I'm sure other forum members will gladly provide the correct answer, if in fact mine is off base. I hope this might help get this sorted for you. Lee

ps I believe Ron has a video on his YouTube channel, discussing using Song Mode, if interested.
Hmmm, we’ll I ended up trying song mode because my IA switches weren’t tracking changes in preset mode. Song mode fixed it. I’ll try going back to preset/scenes mode, but I may end up using the FC6 to get through the gig tonight and track down my gremlins when I have more time and don’t have to be so gig-ready.

Yeah, might be best to come back to the GT after the gig is complete. One thing you might make sure to try, when you have time, is to turn off two settings on each IA button (if you haven’t already). Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. These are turned on by default, and I believe turning those off on all buttons is what synchronized my GT22 with my AF3. Hope it also might resolve the issue when you are back to trying Presets rather than Songs. Enjoy the gig. Lee

I just did a factory reset and checked those 2 settings. They are off by default.

I’m still having sync issues. For example, my dirty and chunk patches have Delay 1 bypassed. If I go from dirty to chunk, turn on Delay 1, then go back to dirty, the delay remains on. It does not load the scene as last saved.
Yeah, might be best to come back to the GT after the gig is complete. One thing you might make sure to try, when you have time, is to turn off two settings on each IA button (if you haven’t already). Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. These are turned on by default, and I believe turning those off on all buttons is what synchronized my GT22 with my AF3. Hope it also might resolve the issue when you are back to trying Presets rather than Songs. Enjoy the gig. Lee

I just did a factory reset and checked those 2 settings. They are off by default.

I’m still having sync issues. For example, my dirty and chunk patches have Delay 1 bypassed. If I go from dirty to chunk, turn on Delay 1, then go back to dirty, the delay remains on. It does not load the scene as last saved.
Oh, I think turning on Scene Revert in the Axe May have solved my problem. I’ll report back if not. Thank you for tying to help!

I think I’m good now. Another thing I realized, having the editor connected was causing some sync issues. When I got my layout set, I disconnected the editor and restarted the GT, everything works perfectly.

Back