GT16 G-Major 2 preset as IA and recall

Signal chain:

Effects Gizmo:
L1: Pedal
L2: Pedal
L3: Pedal
L4: Pedal
Out 1-4/In 5-8: Volume Pedal
Loop 9: G-Major 2 (running to FX loop of amp)
All above controller by MMGT16.

I have six user presets on my G-Major 2. Setting these up as IA buttons on the GT16 was no problem at all, so the GM presets basically act as stompboxes.

What I would like to do is integrate the G-Major 2 presets into presets defined on the GT16. I have tried it in a number of ways:

1. Setting presets on the GT regularly as if the GM presets were stompboxes, so I just enable their corresponding button in the MMGT editor.
2. Setting the GT16 preset to send the corresponding PC to the G-Major 2.

In each case, I can see the G-Major 2 attempt to change presets momentarily, but it will default back to user preset 1.

I'm curious as to why this shouldn't work, especially in test scenario #1. If G-Major 2 presets are able to be recalled by an IA button, why wouldn't I be able to group these into a preset on the MMGT16?

It sounds like you have more than one button sending PC messages to the G-Major. When you group buttons together and those buttons send PCs, make sure that the Off value of each PC action is set to None. When buttons are grouped, turning one button on always turns another button off. So, you get one PC message from the button that turns on and one from the button that turns off (unless it's set to send no message when it turns off).

This is only one of several possibilities that could cause that symptom to happen, but is the most common. Check your grouped buttons and let us know what happens. If that doesn't work, you can send me your settings and I'll have a look.

Back