GT16 + RAC12

Lp59

I have a RAC12 connected between my GT16 and my Axe-FX. When I press the Tuner button on the GT I get a ? on screen. I never had this before, maybe a bug on the Axe Q7 Beta? Has anyone an idea? If I connect the GT direct to the Axe, the tuner displays on the GT as usual. Or is the RAC12 blocking something?

The RAC-12 mkI doesn't support bidirectional MIDI between the Axe-Fx and the GT. The only way you can get it to work is connect an additional MIDI cable from the RAC-12 MIDI output to the GT MIDI input.

The RAC-12 mkII should work if you connect the GT to the RAC-12's MIDI merge port.

Thanks Ron, I have the Mk2 and the GT is connected to the merge input. I'll check my bidi. Midi cable.

A simple reboot of the Axe did the trick. Like my wife said: the first thing you tell me to do when I'm in trouble with phone, computer or anything, is to restart the damned thing first. And you, you look first at the most complicated possibilities of failure, loosing a fair amount of time and worrying out loud! Ok, lesson learned.

Bad news, my Rac12 seems to block all data coming from my XL to my GT16. No tuner, no tempo, no block status. Both bidirectional midi cables work well when directly connected from GT to XL and everything is Fully functional. I went back to older firmware on those two to see if it cures the ill, no success.

You're probably going to need to talk to the people that make the RAC12 to resolve this.

Back