GT22/Boogie Triaxis/ Axe FX III - Midi Help

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. I managed to get myself and old V2 Triaxis a few weeks back and its been covered to 240v to work over here in the UK. Sound wise everything is working great, modes work, and the controls work etc. I'm having some issues programming with the GT and the Axe FX 3.

info first, Axe is set to midi chan 1 and the Triaxis to midi chan 2. There's. a Voes M-Box taking care of the phantom power to the GT and obviously plugged into the midi in out on the Axe. The Axe works fine with the GT without the Triaxis. I then have a 5 pin midi cable plugged in from the Triaxis midi in to the Axe fx midi thru port.

When setup in the GT editor I have the Triaxis setup as a generic midi device and I'm using PC actions to switch the triaxis and then a separate action to toggle the Axe scenes 1-8. I just want to know if I have the Triaxis action setup correctly? Is it just a question of selecting the PC no off to 0 or none and then the PC no on to the the correct no so say 1 for preset 1 on the trixais? Or is that not correct?

I'm not sure if there's an issue with the triaxis itself as sometimes when I switch presets on the GT I get a different PC no comes up on the Triaxis no matter whichever button I hit on the GT or that I've programmed. The shift button on the triaxis doesn't seem, to be working correctly so I'm unable to get into that mode to map the PC no's unfortunately but that doesn't mean I can't select a different preset which doesn't see to be working or it will switch briefly and then go back to the preset I don't want.

It's gotta be something I'm not doing on the Triaxis. I hope that all makes sense.

Can you guys help me out and suggest anything to try?

Many thanks

Paul

Last edited:
All you should have to is set up the PC actions as you suggest. Specifically, you should have off:None on:x, where x is the desired PC. The off value needs to be set to None, otherwise you will have problems.

Are you saying that you sometimes get a wrong preset on the Triaxis, then it starts working again. Or, once it starts, it continues to call up the wrong preset? And, is there any pattern to its "wrongness"? Like, it's always off by 1, or something like that.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I think it might be the Triaxis having the issue. Some of the functions like the program change menu isn't allowing me to map presets at all as I can't get in to the menu. The program change led is suppose to flash 4 times to get into edit mode but it doesn't. It flashes twice and then goes back to normal mode. Also I can't seem to copy presets to different locations as that is a shift key and then enter key press. That doesn't work either. I've taken in to be repaired so hopefully my repair guy will find out what's wrong with it.

It's something to do with the shift key not working properly on the Triaxis. That basically lets you go in to the program change mode function and map all presets to a program change no and preset no.

It is sometimes off by 1 and then if I switch to another preset and go back to the same one that was off it then changes to the correct preset. Sometimes it changes to a random preset that I'm not even using. It's gotta be the preset change function. I can't imagine it would be anything else. Unless one if the controller chips needs replacing. I'll have to wait and see.

What do you think?

Thanks again

Paul

It's hard to say what it is without seeing the unit. Another good test would to get another MIDI device, one with a display that shows the current preset number, and swap it in for the Triaxis, on the same MIDI channel, to see if it responds correctly. That'll tell you for sure if the MIDI commands are coming out correctly.

Back