GT22 locked up during Get Preset Names

is9582

Initially I experienced an issue between my GT22 and my AF3 MK2, using the new FW 19.02. After loading the full release version of 19.02, and having a couple new presets I had loaded a few days earlier, I ran the Get Preset Names, so all of the chosen presets (1-500) would have the scene info available on my GT22.

The first time through was an overnight scenario, where I started the process and fairly shortly went to bed. When I came in the next morning, the process on the GT22 had stopped on preset 100. I thought it possible that I might have borked it, not recalling if I’d done a thing or two, possibly interfering with the process, causing it to stop. I cancelled out of the process and tried a second time. It stopped again, on the same preset (#100).

I took the advise that I readily share with others (here and my previous work place), and rebooted my AF3, and then my GT22. After both units were again ready, I initiated the Get Preset Names process once again, and it worked with no additional issues or requirements.

TLDR: Reboot before going to extreme measures!

I thought this might be a worthy candidate to share.

Cheers,
Lee

Thanks for that! If you run into it again, and you have the time to mess with it, it would be interesting to see what happens if you only reboot the GT when it gets stuck. That might help determine what's at fault.

Back