Guitar/Acoustic/Bass Rack and Mastermind GT

tired_engineer

I've spent the last few months migrating from a rather convoluted pedalboard to this little 10U rack that was designed for electric, acoustic and bass guitar in both direct recording and live. The goal was to create something as flexible and efficient as possible, that I could still carry myself with not much more hassle than an amp.

I've been using modelers in various forums for many years but the POD HD is the first one I've truly been happy with soundwise, especially in how it responds to pedal. My emotional attachment to analog stompboxes remains and always will.

The arrival of the GT last week is sort of the icing on top, allowing me to take full advantage of everything I jammed in to this little box.

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

Thank you.

Well, if I got an effect gizmo to replace the GCX I could get rid of the G-lab looper on the second drawer and jam some more in there but that will have to wait. I'm a little OCD about efficiency.

Things evolved a little bit... Got rid of the TC stuff, added a space, a few other changes, and popped in an Windows tablet to run the editors.

2013-09-30+21.09.11.jpg

2013-09-30+21.07.37.jpg

2013-09-30+21.07.49.jpg

2013-09-30+21.08.02.jpg

2013-09-30+21.06.54.jpg

Very nice! I especially like the tablet in there. Reminds me I need to write the iPad and/or Android editor in my "free time" :lol:

An Android editor would be great. I would have loved to just have a Nexus 7 in there instead. Connectivity is a problem though. Just a matter of the right adapter I guess.

I'm impressed with this Acer Iconia though. Once I got all the bloatware off of it it runs quite well and the touchscreen interface is better than I was expecting.

As for free time...
0048_MAG_KNOWFEELBRO_BRIGHT.jpg

Hey, can we post some of these pics on our Facebook page? This would be a good Rig of the Day.

I made one minor change. I missed having the deluxe memory man sound in there so I shifted everything up one space, velcro'ed the G-lab to the bottom of the GCX to make space to mount the Baggs DI and a Strymon Brigadier on the bottom shelf. Sacrificed the carbon copy and the mooer boost.

The G-Lab is situated in between loops 4 and 5 on the GCX.

GCX1 - Bass Compressor
GCX2 - modded Phase 90
GCX3 - Micro Vibe
GCX4 - Baggs DI - I used both the XLR output and the 1/4" output. I'm experimenting using each input into different effects chains in the POD.
GLab1 - M5
GLab2 - 108 Fuzz
GLab3 - Pork Loin
GLab4 - Green Rhino
GCX5 - Liverpool
GCX6 - Fat Sandwich / 6-Band EQ
GCX7 - Brigadier
After loop 7 it goes back through the feedthrough into the POD HD. The Timefactor and Space are stereo in the effects loop of the POD.

GCX8 - Configured as the favourite switch for the Brigadier. The favourite is slap echo (what the Carbon Copy was doing). The other setting is chewy memory man goodness. I really wish the Brigadier supported external tap but alas it does not.

2013-10-13+09.59.01.jpg

2013-10-13+09.58.36.jpg

My wiring isn't very tidy :oops: but it's quiet.

2013-10-13+09.56.19.jpg

Hey does the GT change preset effects on the Line 6 M5? Was thinking about getting the M5 or M9 but wasn't sure if I could pull up individual effects with it mounted on my rack tray.

Thanks. Jamie

Did an update. Moved from a 10U rack to two 6U racks so I could actually move the thing. Put all the pre-amp stuff in one rack and all the processor and loop stuff in the other.

Pre-amp (bottom drawer)
MIDI 4 (four loops)
1 - Bass Compressor
2 - Bass Octave
3 - Whammy V
4 - Line6 M5

Pre-amp (top drawer)
GCX
1 - Phase 90
2 - Small Stone
3 - Micro Vibe
4 - 108 Fuzz