H9 Midi setup tips?!

Fit2praise

Can someone walk me through getting the H9 setup with my PBC 10. It doesn't seem to be responding to anything I've setup. I've been through a couple of different tutorials I found on YouTube but the changes aren't happening on the H9. Thanks!

The first step is to get program changes working. This should only require setting the MIDI channel on the H9 to match the MIDI channel setting in the Devices tab. Then, with the rest of the settings set to the default, the H9 should change presets when you change GT presets.

Once you get that working, you can do CCs. Assign an IA button on the GT that controls the Bypass function of the H9. Then, double click the button in the editor and have a look at the action assigned to the button. On a Bypass button, it's "H9:Bypass / CC Toggle #10 off:0 on:127". The "#10" is what you're looking for. On the H9 itself or in H9 Control, set the Bypass function to CC10. You can repeat this process for each function you want to assign. Unfortunately, the H9 doesn't ship with preassigned CC numbers, so this extra step is required when setting it up for the first time.

The first step is to get program changes working. This should only require setting the MIDI channel on the H9 to match the MIDI channel setting in the Devices tab. Then, with the rest of the settings set to the default, the H9 should change presets when you change GT presets.

Once you get that working, you can do CCs. Assign an IA button on the GT that controls the Bypass function of the H9. Then, double click the button in the editor and have a look at the action assigned to the button. On a Bypass button, it's "H9:Bypass / CC Toggle #10 off:0 on:127". The "#10" is what you're looking for. On the H9 itself or in H9 Control, set the Bypass function to CC10. You can repeat this process for each function you want to assign. Unfortunately, the H9 doesn't ship with preassigned CC numbers, so this extra step is required when setting it up for the first time.

Thanks! After all that it ended up that my timeline wasn't set to midi thru. That seems to have fixed it.

Back