H9 pre/post

Getting my PBC next week and wanted some input on routing. I planned on using my H9 in pre/post like how Kitzy has his möbius set up in his pedalboard video.

I would have it run:
Wireless to wah in
Wah out to H9 input 1
H9 output 1 into the PBC
(((Pog2, Comp, and drive Loops)))
out 5-6 to volume pedal in
Volume out into H9 input 2
H9 out 2 to BTPA pedaltrain panel send
(Short jumper cable when not running an amp with an FX loop or auditioning another pedal)
BTPA panel receive back into PBC 7-10

This saves me on PBC loops but would it be better to just have pre and post in their own dedicated loops? And just run PBC out 5-6 to volume in, volume out to send/receive, then back in to PBC 7-10?
Thanks!

It's not 100% necessary to use loops for a pedal like an H9. There's probably a slight tone difference (compared to using loops to bypass it) because you will always have to go through both the pre and post sides, even though you're using only one side. But, the difference should be slight.

@Goodwood Audio just built a board for Nigel Hendroff that uses the insert points on the PBC as "loops" by using the function switches to control a relay bypass. You can see a rundown here: nigel hendroff pedalboard goodwood

Basically, it's seems to be set up like:

- out 1-4 to bypass relay to pedal in
- in 5-6 from pedal out

At least that's how I understand it. You could put the bypass between the pedal and the 5-6 input, but you'd loose any trails from the pedal. Not sure if that would help in your situation or not, but it's a great way to maximize the "loops" on the PBC.

Back