H9 Preset Change Issues

kiesshauer

Here's a puzzle for ya. PBC controlling H9, and is sent up to send tempo to the H9.

Let’s say the PBC is set up for 3 presets:
  1. program 27 on the H9 and sends 75bpm
  2. program 39 on the H9 and sends 90bpm
  3. program 6 on the H9 and sends 110bpm.
This is what happens:
  • Load preset #1 on the PBC: H9 goes to program 27 and reads 75bpm as expected
  • Load preset #2 on the PBC: H9 goes to program 39 and reads 90bpm. All is well.
  • Load preset #3 on the PBC: H9 goes back to program 27, but does read tempo at 110.
  • Any presets I load after that, no matter what they are, will toggle between program 27 and program 39 only but will send the correct clock every time.
Everything else as far as interfacing with the H9 works normally; I use the PBC to cycle up and down through the H9 programs just fine, looper control is fine, this part is just weird for some reason. The program change map behaves correctly and seems to map to each preset it’s supposed to.

I have a BigSky hooked up in the MIDI chain as well, after the H9, and it changes programs exactly the way it should at every preset.

I’m hoping there’s just some setting on the H9 I’ve missed somehow. Help? Haha.

Do you have any IA buttons on the PBC that recall presets on the H9? If so, they're probably interfering. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on those buttons.

Do you have any IA buttons on the PBC that recall presets on the H9? If so, they're probably interfering. Turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on those buttons.

You're a genius. Thank you -- that was driving me crazy. :)

Back