H9 Preset Mute Issue

Terry Richalds

Hey - I'm having an issue where Preset 1 and Preset 8 ONLY on my Eventide H9 are Muting when the PBC selects a song preset that includes the H9.
So when the PBC sends a PC message to the H9 to switch to Preset 1 or 8 - the H9 switches to those presets but also Mutes the H9 Output and I cannot figure out why. Help?

When you manuall select those presets on the H9, does it mute?

Do you have an expression pedal or button that controls the H9 output level?

Hi Ron,

I also have this ( or similar )problem. My H9 is connected to loop 9 and loop 9 is always enable so I can use the "Active" switch for enabling the efx. I do have a expression pedal connected but it's routed to the "Hot Knob".
When I change a preset the H9 go silence and will not sound until I restart the PBC and the H9 again.
Then I have sound until I change the PC message again.
There is sound at the input of the H9, the output level is set to 0dB dut there is nothing viewable on the output PPM meters in the H9.

Last edited:
The last time I saw this happen, there was a button defined on the PBC that was sending an unexpected CC message that was turning off a level somewhere in the system. Have a look through your system and see if there are any buttons sending to the H9 that you don't expect. The "System Report" item in the editor menu is helpful for this. If you can't find anything, send me your setting and I'll have a look.

Back