Have I ruined my Effect cizmo

I have used my effect gizmo for several years with an excellent result. Now I have had to reorganize my rack. It became to heavy to lift alone (the children are moving out)
When connecting the cables i made a mistake connecting a 12 volt DC power supply with a negative center.
I wonder if I have destroyed something in this process. The first 4 channels I have connected,
1.Zvex SHO
2. MXR autowah
3. Suhr Kokomo boost
4. Suhr Shiba drive
5. Guyatone Tremolo
6. Expandora

The first 4 channels are no working properly. Channel 3 seems to work alle the time, giving a proper boost. CHannel 4 is strangely weak and distant. Channel 1 and 2 seems to work intermittently, Sometimes fine, sometimes dropping out.

I have connected 3 rack modules on channel 10, 11, 12 eventide eclipse, tc electronic and TERC. These channels work super. The rack modules and the preamp is connected to a Rane rack mixer.

Please help me

The Effect Gizmo will work with either polarity, and 12VDC is fine. It's unlikely you've damaged it.

What power supply are you using now? Using a 9VDC supply will cause loops to malfunction intermittently. The supply needs to be 9VAC or 12VDC, at 600mA or more. There would be no damage from this either, just switch to a correct supply and it should start working.

I am in the process of troublshooting my rig. I have disconnected all of the pedals from the E.G., and it works fine with the rack modules in channel 10,11,and 12.
All the cables have been tested both with an ohm-meter and a cable tester.
There are som intermittent volume problems, both channel 2 and 3 are involved
When i activate the channels without the pedals connected, then everything is fine. My autowah that I used in channel 2 works fine when it is activated in front of the E.G.(something is wrong with the pedal for it cuts the sound when the effect is disconnected in front of the E.G.), connected to channel 2 it disappears, no volume at all.No effect at all. It does not matter if the pedal is activated or not.
The Guyatone tremolo works fine in channel 2.

Channel 3 gives intermittently a huge volume increase when the channel is activated, when there are pedals connected here. That includes both the tremolo and a koko boost. When the volume increase comes it distorts the EG.

But I just tried the rig now.
Zvex channel 1
Artec Twin head overdrive Channel 2
Tremolo Channel 3.

And everything sounded fine

I am pulling my hair and wonder where the troubles come from. Me or the E.G.

Can you help

If you move the pedals to different loops, do they have the same problem?
Have you tried using it without the buffer? Plug guitar directly into IN 1-4. If you get hum, connect a cable from Send 4 to Buf In, and leave loop 4 off. That will connect the buffer's ground without putting it in the signal path.

Back