Help configuring Input2 for an external tuner - PBC 6/x

dnostrand

Hi - I can't seem to find any explanation here or in the docs about how to configure Input2 to send signal out to an external tuner on the 6x. I have a Korg Pitchblack I would like to use.

Thanks

No problem, just go to the main Audio tab, click Tuner Out to turn it on, and click the lock icon to lock it that way.

Great - Thank you. And then would I disable the onboard tuner, or can I re-use the Function button hold feature to now use the outboard tuner? If so, what would that look like?
Thanks

Cool, and then how to access the onboard tuner for silent tuning? What would an IA button (if that's what should be used) config look like?

If you open the editor and load a default version of the 6x you'll see an example of a tuner button with its functions. But here's a screenshot of the page as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-30 09.24.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-30 09.24.34.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 25
Thank you, I see. I mis-stated my question, however.....if I disable the onboard tuner, and then want to make that same hold function access the outboard tuner via Input2, can I just change the default tuner function to close all inputs and outputs, except for Input2?

Oh I gotcha. You can do that, yeah. Input 2 set to tuner sets it up as an 'always on', so for me all I did was make an IA button that mutes the input for silent tuning and I just leave the outputs alone. But you can always mute outputs instead or mute everything -- whatever suits your rig!

I don't see the tuner out to click? using pbc
Either you have a PBC/10, which doesn't have a tuner output, or you have a PBC/6X with old firmware and editor. The former case you can't do anything about. The latter just needs you to upgrade the PBC6 and editor to the latest.

Back