Help Integrating HX Stomp (FX only) into PBC6x Rig

Considering an HX Stomp & want to understand the limitations for my rig. FX only. Using an amp with an FX loop.

GUITAR > PBC6X > AMP IN

LOOP 1: H9 PRE: pitch & pre gain modulation
LOOP 2: HX STOMP PRE- pitch, wah, compressor, drive, pre modulation
LOOP 3: KOKO BOOST
LOOP 4: TS808
LOOP 5: BOGNER BLUE
LOOP 6: OTHER DRIVE

AMP FX SEND > VOLUME PEDAL > HX STOMP POST MODULATION > TIMELINE > H9 > BIG SKY > FX RETURN

Should I consider routing the RJM INTO the HX stomp's pre signal path so that I could place the drives? I think i've heard this may cause noise issues and sort of creates some additional problems. Then I couldn't use the HX in my amp's FX loop, right? Mainly hoping to use the HX for modulation, so that's not ideal.

The way you have it written seems like a pretty good arrangement. You're right that you couldn't move the drives within the HX Stomp's layout, they could only be before or after the HX pre section, but aside from that there's not much down side. You also have the H9 on the pre side, so that allows you to have drives in between effects from each processor.

Back