Help Needed

ESPImperium

Im trying to get all my pedals up and running on my Effect Gizmo, and am just not getting anything at the moment.

Im wanting 9 pedals with channel switching on my Mesa F-30. I want to have 4 pedals in my effects loop as well.

Input from Boss NS-2 to Buffer In
Loop 1: MXR Custom Comp
Loop 2: MXR KFK Q Zone
Loop 3: Maxon OD808
Loop 4: T Rex Tremonti Phaser
Loop 5: MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
Loop 6: MXR Black Label Chorus
Loop 7: Awaiting Tremolo Pedal
Loop 8: Keeley DD-3
Loop 9: Empty for FX Processor
Loop 10: Channel
Loop 11: Contour
Loop 12: Reverb

At the moment Im just getting a hum from my amp, is there something wrong with my wiring? Im wanting loops 5 to 8 to be in the effects loop, can this be done?

Also Loop 9 i may use for amp switching via my Radial Tonebone Headbone and have loop 8 to move to loop 7 so loop 8 can be used for a TC Electronics Delay for the second amp head, can this also be done?

Hey Esp,

Can you provide more detail about how you are connecting everything to the amp and the guitar, draw a wiring diagram perhaps?

In the meantime...

When something is not behaving the way you think it should follow the signal path with your fingers and see how all the in's and out's of various things are connected.
If the signal path checks out use a multimeter and test your amp input/send/return cables as per the instructions on this site (the F-30 has a mix control on the effects loop, when set to full dry do you get any signal through?)

It is also a good idea to label or color code your amp input/send/return cables at both ends so you can clearly identify your signal path (I would number or label the cables connecting the EG and your pedals as well).

Jay

If you have it all connected, I'd recommend removing things until the hum goes away. That will help you track down the bad cable or ground loop you have.

You can easily put loops 5 through 8 in an effect loop. Connect the amp's loop send to "In 5-8", connect "Out 5-8" to the amp's loop return.

You can't use any of loops 5-8 for a second amp - they're wired together as a group. You can, however, use loop 9 for a processor attached to a second amp.

Sorry for the long reply time, the project has somewhat been on back burner with a home being turned into a building site and me working all the days i can.

But in that time, i have been thinking about it little by little.

I now have streamlined the whole thing with a single amp and single FX loop, with less pedals as a whole.

As long as i can use loops 5-8 in the effects loop ill be happy as it gives me the effects i need, and loop 9 can be used as a processor loop as i think im going to add one next year at some time. As long as this dosnt interfere with 10-12s channel switching abilities im happy.

Only thing now is to try and get my Boss NS2 connected somehow in the whole scheme of things. At the moment im thinking about going from the Input to my rig to the NS2 then to the input of the Effect Gizmo.

Again, sorry for the long time and no answer, thanks again for all your support!

One last question, if im using 1 thru 4 for the pre amp, 5 thru 8 for the FX loop and 10 thru 12 for Amp functions, and leaving number 9 free for a FX Processor at a later date, do i use the CS out beside loop 8 to get the sound from the Effects Gizmo to my amps Input at the front end, or do i use the 1 thru 4 output?

You would use the 1-4 output to get the signal. If you want the Click stopper in front of the amp, you can connect from Out 1-4 to CS In, then CS Out to the front of the amp.

Front end of the amp now not lining up/not working, ive got the loop and the channel switching down and working now.

Is this right?

img002.jpg

Im coming from the in patch into the input for loop 1 thru 4, then come out from loop 1 thru 4 into the out to my wah and volume pedal and then back into the CS in and back out to my amp from the CS, is that posible?

If not i have loop 9 free for a effects processor that i could use for coming out to my wah, but i dont want to.

All im getting is a hum, could it be down to the poor making of a cable from me musing Planet waves Cable Station? Time for me to get my cable tester out???

The diagram looks correct. Please check your cables - I would not be surprised if one or more are bad.

Now on to it!

Once again, thank you for being such a kick ass company helping us who know eff all to have killer rigs of our dreams!

Final report.

Bad cable. And thanks to my trusty Behringrer cable tester (only £20) i now have it fixed, hopefully, all i have to do is the power up now and get my self riffing again!

Back