Help Programming IA Link Buttons with Strymon Sunset

Patrick Boyle

I have the midi functioning as it it should. I have an on/off toggle for the Sunset on my main "Gain" page. That same button has a hold feature which accesses a Sunset presets page. I'd like to link any "on" preset state with the state On/Off Toggle on the Gain page so I can set my preset, jump back to gain page, and stack it with other gain pedals. The IA link will work but all the preset lights will either be all "on" or all "off" even with group selected. Any Ideas? If you have a more elegant solution, I'd love to hear it.

IA Link isn't the right tool for that job - it's designed to link identical buttons so that turning one on turns all of them on.

The Set IA action is a better choice. On the on/off button, set IA ID to 1. Then on each one of the buttons that selects a preset on the pedal, add a System / Set IA #1 off:0 on:1 action - this will turn on any button with IA ID 1 when the button is turned on and turn off any button with IA ID 1 when the button is turned off.

If you're using a group for the preset buttons (and you should), make sure that "Send Off Messages" Is turned off for that group (in the Globals tab).

Back