Help setting up Page switches for Looping functions

ataglianetti

I'm using a Chase Bliss Audio Blooper for looping duties and need some guidance on the best way to assign various functions to the foot switches. While I've got all my audio loops and devices setup and working, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the IA functions work. I'd like some of the switches to have conditional states as well, so that pressing one switch clears the toggle state of the other.

I'm guessing I'll need to use the IA Cycle and Group parameters, but how?

Ideally, I'd like to have this functionality on two switches, that are mutually exclusive. Assuming Switch 1 is Record / Overdub and Switch 2 is Playback / Stop, I'd like the following behavior:

Looper is recording:
Pressing Switch 1 sends the Overdub message.
Pressing Switch 2 sends the Playback message.

Looper is playing back:
Pressing Switch 1 sends the Overdub message.
Pressing Switch 2 sends the Stop message.

Looper is stopped:
Pressing Switch 1 sends the Record message.
Pressing Switch 2 sends the Play message.

And if it's not asking too much, I'd like to have the LED's indicate the state of the looper, so with the looper stopped, all black; recording, blinking red; overdubbing, blinking yellow; playback, green.

Hope that's not asking for too much :)

What you're asking might be possible, but it's not going to be easy.

I think what you need are button pages, one for each state you list above. Pressing a button not only sends the appropriate message but it also changes to the appropriate button page. You wouldn't want to use cycle buttons or groups, but you might need to use Set IA actions so that one button can change the state of another.

Sorry I don't have a more complete answer, this isn't anything I've done before, and it would take some experimenting.

FYI, we don't have an option for flashing buttons, sorry...

Back